The Student Room Group

is cambridge right for me?

right so i recently decided to consider applying to cambridge for engineering. im pretty set on going to imperial to study mech. engineering tho, but i thought that i might as well apply for cambridge as well...since i have the marks and stuff.
the thing is that im not at all sure what woudl happen if it came down to choosing between imperial and cambridge..
i perfer imperial for several reasons, including the fact that its in london...but cambridge is slightly more prestigious if im correct.? and im tempted by the sporting facilities in cambridge, as im sure its better than what im gonna find in central london.(im pretty sporty)
downside of cambridge is that the nightlife is nothing compared to what i would find in london.

what i wanna know...is if anyone had to go through a similar situation, or could offer some advice about the unis themselves.

obviously if i go to interviews in cambridge it would help but otherwise... im scared of what i would do in cambridge for 4 years(small city and all)-> i dont want to play on stereotypes but the thing is that im not the typical intellectual if u knwo what i mean. im pretty laid back, and i like going out...
stereotypes of cambridge just make it sooo confusing >:L
Reply 1
have you not heard of the stereotypes about imperial?!
Reply 2
madima
have you not heard of the stereotypes about imperial?!

yeh...but im not too bothered about them,,,at least im going to be in london if u know what i mean..
but cambridge....its a town :s-smilie:
Reply 3
I'm applying to Cambridge and Imperial, but I'll make my decision if I get offers from them. At the mo, I would rather go to Cambridge, cuz I live in London, and wanna do something new. Also, sports are better there...

Also, Cambridge does general engineering, which I want. This is probably the most important factor.
Reply 4
I'm also pretty laid back and sporty but I'm choosing between Cambridge and Loughborough. The general engineering at Cambridge is good, but like you I'm worried there'll be no nightlife and I'll be made to work all the time :s

Personally I'm going to see where I get accepted before I make a decision :tongue:
Reply 5
yeh i think ill do the same....just decide when i get the offers
wont do me any good to get my hopes up too high or something :]
Reply 6
kathyop
yeh i think ill do the same....just decide when i get the offers
wont do me any good to get my hopes up too high or something :]

if you're predicted AAA and your personal statement is written in English, you have a place at imperial.
Reply 7
yeh sure...come on, they will want a specific grade in maths and physics...plus the statement has to be pretty good.
not saying that i dont fit that category

Latest