The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

peppermint
Yep, I'm also on a gap year at the moment and will be studing English :smile:.

Yay!
I'll be doing English this year, and i had a gap year :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 41
I may do.. Economics and Econometrics me thinks.
Im a little worried as its very far north and possibly too small? (im a suf londoner)
english and politics. i got an offer last year, but decided to turn it down in order to reapply.
Im doing a gap year, got an deferred entry offer for PPE... Should be interesting.
Good luck everyone. York = awesome.
I just got my offer for History! I actually only switched to York at the last minute coz Durham told me I hadn't a chance with my GCSEs, but I was absolutely ecstatic when I saw my UCAS Track! Maybe it's just coz it's my first offer and all :biggrin:

If I end up getting in, UCL will probably end up being my firm (Oxford's a pretty long shot xD), but man...it's gonna be pretty tough giving York up! I've gotten awfully fond of it these past few weeks waiting for UCAS to respond...argh when the time comes, when the time comes! :biggrin:

Oh ps, am I the only one who got an offer without an acknowledgement first? I was getting really worried coz only UCL had given me an acknowledgement email so far, so it was a complete shock to get the ucas email without warning like that...
Reply 46
I didn't get a written acknowledgement from York, but the day after I sent my UCAS app they said I could come for a tour of the department the next week as the open day was full, and whilst I was there they gave me a mini interview, and I saw the offer on Track a couple of days after :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 47
rag-doll
Wow, that's amazing! Lucky you, you must have really impressed them! :biggrin:

Well the admissions tutor guy did say he'd like to give offers to nearly everyone who applies so I don't think I'm that special lol :biggrin:
Reply 48
Just got an offer for History! 37 points at IB, if anyone knows what that means...
will274
all self catered :/

Are you serious?! I CAN'T COOK AT ALL! D:

E_D_B

Just got an offer for History! 37 points at IB, if anyone knows what that means...

High-five! :biggrin: Do you know what that is in A Levels?
History and Politics

I'm a reapplicant so they better consider my improved application!
Reply 51
nikegoddess
Are you serious?! I CAN'T COOK AT ALL! D:

High-five! :biggrin: Do you know what that is in A Levels?

Well, according to UCAS tariff system, 31 points is AAA, but Exeter's the only place that actually follows that. I'm guessing York think 37 = AAA, as its their standard offer.
Applied for mathematics, hoping I will get an offer.

Saying that I hope I don't get five rejections.

The only problem I have with york is that it looks like a medieval town. Also, is it really religous up there(looking at a picture of a church), as I'm an atheist and I don't really want theist coming to me do you accept jesus christ as you're saviour.
Reply 53
Simplicity

The only problem I have with york is that it looks like a medieval town. Also, is it really religous up there(looking at a picture of a church), as I'm an atheist and I don't really want theist coming to me do you accept jesus christ as you're saviour.

Yes, the town of York (population 200,000) consists entirely of heretic-burning, self-flagellating Christian fundamentalists.
Reply 54
The only problem I have with york is that it looks like a medieval town

That's because it is.

Also, is it really religous up there(looking at a picture of a church), as I'm an atheist and I don't really want theist coming to me do you accept jesus christ as you're saviour.

Most major cities have cathedrals or minsters. The CU don't bite.
Reply 55
I've applied to study History. I hope I hear from them soon. I won't throw myself off a bridge if I'm not accepted... but it's this waiting I can't stand. Haha, I only sent my application a few days ago but I'm already impatient. =]

I haven't been able to attend any Open Days, but from the pictures the university and its surrounding area seems beautiful. It will be quite a change from busy London though, I'm sure, hehe.
Reply 56
Simplicity

Hehe, I'm in the same boat. Though I go to a Catholic Sixth form [I also take Religious Studies/Ethics] and it's not too bad. I got gasps when I first said that I was an atheist but even the most fundamentalist religious people don't seem to want to convert me - though we have many heated debates.

If we both end up going to York, and we're harrased by people that want to 'save' us we can find some drinks and seek refuge in a hedgerow, or something. ha. =]
Reply 57
Kammy-
Hehe, I'm in the same boat. Though I go to a Catholic Sixth form [I also take Religious Studies/Ethics] and it's not too bad. I got gasps when I first said that I was an atheist but even the most fundamentalist religious people don't seem to want to convert me - though we have many heated debates.

I can assure you that no one will try to convert you, people won't even probably bother to ask about your reliogious views. York is really not religious ( oh, sorry - pubbing is kind of religion here :wink: ). I'm not a religious person btw and I feel very comfortable in York - no one is trying to convert me.
Reply 58
Good afternoon, thread! My UCAS has just been sent. I'm applying for English and History of Art. Anybody else?
Reply 59
bosejiu
I can assure you that no one will try to convert you, people won't even probably bother to ask about your reliogious views. York is really not religious ( oh, sorry - pubbing is kind of religion here :wink: ). I'm not a religious person btw and I feel very comfortable in York - no one is trying to convert me.

Well thats a religion I wouldn't mind subscribing to! hehe. :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending