The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Where does this idea that everyone in York is religious come from? Because it has a cathedral, like every other city in the UK?...
University of York
York
mmmmhmmm, York. It's so prettyyyyy.
Reply 62
bosejiu
I can assure you that no one will try to convert you, people won't even probably bother to ask about your reliogious views. York is really not religious ( oh, sorry - pubbing is kind of religion here :wink: ). I'm not a religious person btw and I feel very comfortable in York - no one is trying to convert me.

maybe the Christian Union lol, but just avoid them.
Reply 63
_Mazza_
maybe the Christian Union lol, but just avoid them.

no!
they're giving out freebies :p:

I've just came back from Slag and Drag, just want to say I love you Derwent :biggrin:
Meee, I'm applying for PPE :colone:
Reply 65
Me! :biggrin: English Language/Linguistics. I haven't been able to visit, but it looks beautiful from the website. I hope I get invited to an interview, or at least a chance to look around the place!
Reply 66
ChloeGsy
I'm applying for Philosophy & Economics.

Me too :smile: really want an offer from York it looks amazing, not even been acknowledged though lol
Reply 67
I just got an offer from York to study History! Conditional AAA I think although York hasn't emailed me yet- if they will at all? I'm really happy cause even though it's my 'safety' I'd love to go to York as I love the course iasdskmsaljkl;
Reply 68
nirvathema
I just got an offer from York to study History! Conditional AAA I think although York hasn't emailed me yet- if they will at all? I'm really happy cause even though it's my 'safety' I'd love to go to York as I love the course iasdskmsaljkl;

Congrats!
Though that's what I've applied for so I'm getting more and more worried as a few others have offers...
-sigh-

When did you send off your application?
Reply 69
Kammy-
Congrats!
Though that's what I've applied for so I'm getting more and more worried as a few others have offers...
-sigh-

When did you send off your application?

I hope you get an offer from York (or somewhere else) soon! I sent off my application on the 13th (Oct) I think? I remember it was a Monday.
Reply 70
nirvathema
I hope you get an offer from York (or somewhere else) soon! I sent off my application on the 13th (Oct) I think? I remember it was a Monday.

Thanks very much, I hope so too.

You sent yours after mine, this makes me worried. York isn't even my first choice, but... =/
I'll just have to wait and see.

I've told my mum about TSR and about people getting offers and she said that I'm getting too worked up about this. She's probably right. =S
Reply 71
Kammy-
Thanks very much, I hope so too.

You sent yours after mine, this makes me worried. York isn't even my first choice, but... =/
I'll just have to wait and see.

I've told my mum about TSR and about people getting offers and she said that I'm getting too worked up about this. She's probably right. =S

I'm sorry, I think it should've been the 6th actually (when I set my apps off)...I don't know why my memory is such a ridiculous failure. Is this before you sent off yours? York is also actually on the bottom of my uni choices list but it's still got a great course so I'm glad

And no, lol, it IS unnerving that quite a lot of people are getting offers already- especially for the same course at the same uni! (and nikegoddess who got the other York offer is in my school!) I was getting really worried before as well...hang in there you'll get yours soon :biggrin:
Reply 72
Do York actually send acknowledgements? Cos it's been almost 3 weeks now and I'm getting worried. :frown: Do Imperial as well (if anyone knows)?
Reply 73
Hi,
I am applying to York for deferred entry to do PPE. Today I received a mail saying that my track status changed. I visited UCAS track and in the line decisions it says: conditional.
Does this mean I received an offer? because I am not quite sure, because I can't believe they made this decision that early.
cheers
Reply 74
Trottner
Hi,
I am applying to York for deferred entry to do PPE. Today I received a mail saying that my track status changed. I visited UCAS track and in the line decisions it says: conditional.
Does this mean I received an offer? because I am not quite sure, because I can't believe they made this decision that early.
cheers

Conditional means they've made you an offer. Click on the course code next to it and it'll show you the details of the offer.

I got an offer this afternoon from York for Philosophy - AAB. Yay!
It's weird - I never got an acknowledgment from them at all, they just made me the offer *shrugs*
Just got a conditional offer for PPE - AAB!

Over the moon! York is up there as one of my favourites!
Reply 76
pinkpenguin
Just got a conditional offer for PPE - AAB!

Over the moon! York is up there as one of my favourites!

Well done! so jealous!! when did you apply?
Reply 77
nirvathema
I'm sorry, I think it should've been the 6th actually (when I set my apps off)...I don't know why my memory is such a ridiculous failure. Is this before you sent off yours? York is also actually on the bottom of my uni choices list but it's still got a great course so I'm glad

And no, lol, it IS unnerving that quite a lot of people are getting offers already- especially for the same course at the same uni! (and nikegoddess who got the other York offer is in my school!) I was getting really worried before as well...hang in there you'll get yours soon :biggrin:

Well if yours was actually sent off on the 6th then yes, it was sent before mine -- I sent mine on the 9th.
Hopefully I'll hear of their decision soon.
Closer*
Well done! so jealous!! when did you apply?

Thank you :smile:

School sent my application on the 10th, got an offer this afternoon.

Have you applied for PPE too? Good luck!
Reply 79
thanks :smile: i sent mine the day before yours but for Economics and Philosophy, reallly want an offer! lol

Latest

Trending

Trending