The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Whoa, my app was sent by my referee last Tuesday morning and I've just, quite literatatly just, got an unconditional offer.

I feel 1000 times better than last year already.

Yes, i'm ecstatic! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
University of York
York
jeeeeez, all these offers coming in from York!

I sent my application off on the 6th (History), getting a tad nervous now, hopefully hear from them this or next week by the sounds of all the other timings from you guys!

i promised myself i wouldn't log into track more than twice a day, but this is just too nerve racking!!
Hi all
Just sent off my UCAS form on tuesday of this week so York should have the ucas form soon and now the waiting game begins because if i am lucky to be shortlisted i will have to have a interview for midwifery
I got a email from Warwick, Bristol and Manchester. Yet I haven't got anything for York. LOL, does this mean I'm going to get rejected.

I applied on the 14th, so I should have got something by now. Damn you YORK!, also I haven't got anything from Oxford too. This is annoying.
Reply 84
Simplicity
I got a email from Warwick, Bristol and Manchester. Yet I haven't got anything for York. LOL, does this mean I'm going to get rejected.

I applied on the 14th, so I should have got something by now. Damn you YORK!, also I haven't got anything from Oxford too. This is annoying.

Does York even send acknowledgements? I don't think I've seen anyone on TSR getting one; just offers.

And lol of course it doesn't mean rejection. Some universities are just slow. Oxford seems slow compared to Cambridge.
nirvathema
Does York even send acknowledgements? I don't think I've seen anyone on TSR getting one; just offers.

And lol of course it doesn't mean rejection. Some universities are just slow. Oxford seems slow compared to Cambridge.

No acknoledgements from York! I can vouch for that.

There are people getting York offers still, so no need to panic just yet.
Reply 86
Wahay!!! Unconditional for straight English at York!!!
Reply 87
The heck... everyones getting offers and all i get is a letter in the post asking for an interview on saturday the 15th. How is that fair? I mean its a bloody saturday...
And how come because im applying for computer science do i need an interview? Does anyone else have an interview for a different subject?
Reply 88
Computer Science interview everyone, for a variety of different very good reasons (it's mainly to get you to come to campus, do an open day type thing and show off how good we are). It's on a Saturday because they don't want it to interfere with your schoolwork.
Got an AAA conditional offer for English at York!
peanutbutternjelly
Got an AAA conditional offer for English at York!

congrats on that offer at York.I have as yet to hear anything at york
Fixesin
The heck... everyones getting offers and all i get is a letter in the post asking for an interview on saturday the 15th. How is that fair? I mean its a bloody saturday...
And how come because im applying for computer science do i need an interview? Does anyone else have an interview for a different subject?

Yeah, I'm applying for computer science too, and I've got 3 interview/open days, while everyone else (not doing compsci) I know has got offers. Haven't heard from York though... I'm slightly worried if you've got a letter...
Reply 92
caaakeeey
Yeah, I'm applying for computer science too, and I've got 3 interview/open days, while everyone else (not doing compsci) I know has got offers. Haven't heard from York though... I'm slightly worried if you've got a letter...

Hm well i shouldn't worry too much, I only got it yesterday so yours should come soon. Anyway the interview is on the 15th so thats still quite far away.

On another note, you have 3 interviews? Does that mean quite a few universities interview candidates applying for comp sci? I'm also applying for warwick and bristol and haven't heard from them yet. However i do have an interview at Imperial and hopefully have one at Cambridge too.
Fixesin
Hm well i shouldn't worry too much, I only got it yesterday so yours should come soon. Anyway the interview is on the 15th so thats still quite far away.

On another note, you have 3 interviews? Does that mean quite a few universities interview candidates applying for comp sci? I'm also applying for warwick and bristol and haven't heard from them yet. However i do have an interview at Imperial and hopefully have one at Cambridge too.

Imperial -5th
Southampton - 18th
Sheffield - 26th
Cambridge - SAQ sent off
York - nothing =( -Did you get anything via email/track?

I think there is a definately a higher interview rate among compsciers - maybe because its generally something people do outside of school, or might involve more problem solving or whatever than other subjects which is hard to gauge without an interview... *shrug*
Reply 94
caaakeeey
Imperial -5th
Southampton - 18th
Sheffield - 26th
Cambridge - SAQ sent off
York - nothing =( -Did you get anything via email/track?

I think there is a definately a higher interview rate among compsciers - maybe because its generally something people do outside of school, or might involve more problem solving or whatever than other subjects which is hard to gauge without an interview... *shrug*

Well i didn't get any emails at all from york and nothing from track either. All that came was that letter through the post for the interview.
And I'm sure you'll get that letter soon, if you can get an interview with imperial then I'm sure you deserve an interview at york.

Oh and also for cambridge what option with computer science did you select?
I'm going for Comp sci with nat sci (physics bit). I'd rather do the maths option but don't want to do STEP because it's kinda... hard...
Fixesin
Well i didn't get any emails at all from york and nothing from track either. All that came was that letter through the post for the interview.
And I'm sure you'll get that letter soon, if you can get an interview with imperial then I'm sure you deserve an interview at york.

Oh and also for cambridge what option with computer science did you select?
I'm going for Comp sci with nat sci (physics bit). I'd rather do the maths option but don't want to do STEP because it's kinda... hard...

Hahaha - I'm also trying to avoid STEP, however tempting the extra maths was.

Definitely Natsci, but i'm not decided between Evolution and Behaviour and Physics. It doesn't help that I don't do either biology or chemistry though...

Enough about cambridge though...

The interview you got - how formal does the letter make it out to be? Two of my open days were essentially "turn up and we'll give you an offer", what's it like for York.
Also I'm applying for CS with AI...you?
Reply 96
Well... the york letter essentially was the same as the imperial letter, you know, come down and we'll show you around and give you a 'formal' interview with one of the lecturers blah blah blah. Not sure about the turn up and we'll give you an offer bit but i'm guessing it should be like that.
Oh and i'm just applying for Comp sci BSc but i might change if i need to to the 4 year MEng course.
Fixesin
Well... the york letter essentially was the same as the imperial letter, you know, come down and we'll show you around and give you a 'formal' interview with one of the lecturers blah blah blah. Not sure about the turn up and we'll give you an offer bit but i'm guessing it should be like that.
Oh and i'm just applying for Comp sci BSc but i might change if i need to to the 4 year MEng course.

So what have you got to talk about it your interview? =p
Reply 98

Bad idea, it's normally easy to change to a shorter course, but nearly impossible to change to a longer course (this isn't a departmental thing, it's a student finance thing).
laser
Bad idea, it's normally easy to change to a shorter course, but nearly impossible to change to a longer course (this isn't a departmental thing, it's a student finance thing).

Too late now =p

Also - I found your York notes =)

Latest

Trending

Trending