The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hey, I got rejected for Maths at Caius, heh. Ah well, thought the interviews were okay, not brilliant but not godawful. Needed bits of prompting on some, and loads on another...depending on if I'd actually covered the subject or not. Did you get an offer?
Reply 2
PhoenixSTL
Hey, I got rejected for Maths at Caius, heh. Ah well, thought the interviews were okay, not brilliant but not godawful. Needed bits of prompting on some, and loads on another...depending on if I'd actually covered the subject or not. Did you get an offer?

Ye AAB + 1 and 2 in STEP II and III, what sort of questions did they ask you?
Reply 3
trigtrig

There were two electrons walking down a street. One says to the other "I've lost an electron", he replies "are you sure", "yes I'm positive"

you got the joke wrong!
if the electron loses an electron then he no longer exists :rolleyes:

should be:

There were two atoms walking down a street. One says to the other "I've lost an electron", he replies "are you sure", "yes I'm positive"
Reply 4
Quiksilver
you got the joke wrong!
if the electron loses an electron then he no longer exists :rolleyes:

should be:

There were two atoms walking down a street. One says to the other "I've lost an electron", he replies "are you sure", "yes I'm positive"

Thats a good point. You can tell im not a chemist
Reply 5
trigtrig
Ye AAB + 1 and 2 in STEP II and III, what sort of questions did they ask you?

In the book interview, it was z^3=1, find the roots, and find a few angles...and then there was a series question, but I didn't understand what he was asking from me, ouch, lol, so took me a while to get through that.

Other interview...there was a proof by induction, grr, only had one lesson on that the friday beforehand, lol. Then there was a graph sketching, which I pretty much managed fine, and a quick tag on the end, I had to intergrate sinxcosx, which I had no idea how to do, and which I just figured out a couple of days ago :-p

How about yourself? What day did you have your interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending