The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't think you have to state GCSE retakes?
Reply 2
m4n0ran
I don't think you have to state GCSE retakes?

I'm not sure, I didn't think so either but I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure.
yeh some univesities say they want a B or above in maths and english. I dont think it would hinder your application at all as you dont need to say you retook, just the highest grade.
Reply 4
indie_couture
yeh some univesities say they want a B or above in maths and english. I dont think it would hinder your application at all as you dont need to say you retook, just the highest grade.

oh thats good so if i dont say it, can they not find out that i re took it? because if i do re take it, it will be taken a few years after all my other gcse's!
What're you applying for?
From looking at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Where_to_Study_Medicine

C fine:

Aberdeen
Bristol (says no min requirements)
Cambridge (really!)
Dundee
Durham
Glasgow (pos)
Leicester
Liverpool
Newcastle
Peninsula
Sheffield

Some may be incorrect, others may allow it but don't say. But basically, there's a few.

And I've heard all unis are equal for medicine, as they're regulated my the GMC.

Edit:

foundintransmission
What're you applying for?

As this is the medicine forum, I'd guess that :p:
Jinxy
oh thats good so if i dont say it, can they not find out that i re took it? because if i do re take it, it will be taken a few years after all my other gcse's!

i suppose if you put the year and date you took the exams they might query it. I would personally just list them together, then they wouldnt guess so would not ask.

Latest

Trending

Trending