The Student Room Group
What is an internship?
RedRevolver
To qualify, do you need to have a degree or be a certain age? I imagine a degree would be helpful, but I'm not sure if it would be necessary, and I'd like to know if there's an age too?

I'm not really looking for right now, but I'd like to try in the summer after I've done with A2s (so, '10) to get an internship as I'm quite interested in going into politics as a career...

All advice welcome!

Im sure they dont offer them to students who only have their A levels, I believe they offer them to people on a politics degree, but the level of competition is massive so you have to work really hard in your degree to get one. Also remember MP's have a recess in the summer, Im not sure if they are away for the whole of that but its something to think about.
Reply 3
I doubt they'd let you do a proper internship, but your local one would almost definitely let you do some work experience in Westminster or their constituency (mine did, anyway).
Reply 4
I worked as an intern for two weeks for my local MP but I asked him directly, I wasn't a proper intern and I only got paid my expenses. But it would be worth contacting them - the paid interns there were either university students or post-grads, so I doubt you'd get a formal internship. It was fun though!

Latest

Trending

Trending