The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have applied to:
Cambridge
Glasgow
Edinburgh
Strathclyde

all for Modern Languages (French and Italian) and St. Andrews for Modern Languages (French, Italian and Spanish)

Have an unconditional offer from Glasgow and am awaiting a response for the rest, except for Cambridge which I have an interview for. Anyone else on here applying to King's?
Where I end up really depends on whether I get an offer from Cam, if so then I will probably go there........but who knows what they'll decide. So far i'm terrified at the prospect of the interrogation...oops, sorry 'interview'
Good luck everyone wherever you want to go!
Nats xx
oxbridge
southampton
portsmouth

maths
Reply 42
Either single hons Law or joint hons Law with Politics at (no particular order):

Hull (decent Uni and I am Hull based too!)
Manchester (many of my friends went here to do various subjects and enjoyed themselves + said it was a great uni)
Lancaster (more the course then the uni - I love the idea of a year studying legal systems in Sweden / Germany however this is the one I am least keen on in terms of the actual uni).
Newcastle (once had a girlfriend who went there and said it was a very good university and vibrant city).
Leeds (one of the best days out I have ever had was in this city and the uni is not bad either. Thousands of Hull fans decended on the Headingly pubs before a match and there must have been about 500 in the Oak alone).
Nottingham (whilst I have never lived there it's my home town and my dad went there).

So....all the right reasons for studying at various places.
Reply 43
Cambridge- Trinity college and Robinson college
Durham- Universiy college
nottingham
KCL
Royal Holloway
B'ham

2 do music!

how long did it take for you to start getting you're offers after you sent your ucas?
Reply 44
well its quite complicated why i can apply to 2 colleges.
It is because in sept i went 4 choral scolarship auditions to get a place in the choir, as all my cam orms had 2 be in in the summer where i choose my 1st choice to be trinity, but i listed all the other choirs down in order 2, and as there were only 1/2 places at trinity for sopranos and lots of others applin it meant that you could be picked up at another college- hence robinson, so i hold a choral scolarship there which is provisional upon getting in academically. so say by huge chance that both trinity and robinson wanted me after the interview( highly unlikely) then robinson would be where i end up, but if robinson dont want me and trinity do then i would go to trinity without a choral scholarship.

i don't think they are biased towards music people at all as i don't think i will end up getting in after having to spend a week down there in sept and a couple of days in dec!
Reply 45
note to posters in the past conversation: this thread wasnt intended to be a general discussion about uni, just for listing where youve applied. please discuss your unis outside of this thread to maintain its ease of reading :smile:
1. Oxford - PPE - Wadham
2. LSE - Government
3. Bristol - Politics
4. York - Politics
5. Warwick - Politics with International Studies
6. Birmingham - Political Science

:smile:
Oxford - Eco+Mgmt
LSE - Eco
Warwick - Eco
Notts - Eco
York - Eco+finance
Bham - Eco
Reply 48
All for BSc Comp Sci or MComp Comp Sci (and in alphabetical order to hide any preference)...

Durham (St. Aidans)
UEA
Loughborough
Manchester
Newcastle
Nottingham
SOAS
Leeds
Manchester
UEA
Swansea
Sussex

All for either joint economics/development studies or pure development studies.
Reply 50
Y not swansea??!!

Me, Im hoping to study medicine! Fingers crossed!!

KCL
ICMS
QMUL
Leeds!

Who else out there is applying to do medicine??
Reply 51
Artificial Intelligence:

Manchester university(hopefully)
Umist (deffo)

or Comp science:

sheffield
leeds
manchester met
Durham
Reply 52
Oxford- Economics&Management
UCL-Economics
LSE-Economics
LSE-Management
Waraick-Management
Bath-BA
Taslima
Artificial Intelligence:

Manchester university(hopefully)
Umist (deffo)

or Comp science:

sheffield
leeds
manchester met
Durham

You do know that UMIST and Manchester are poised to become one university in September 2004?
Reply 54
Mechanical Engineering @

Bath
Bristol
Imperial
Loughborough
Nottingham
Sheffield

First choices are Bath or Nottingham. I know Imperial is so well respected but the other factors outside of the academic ones have really put me off, it's probably my last choice!
Reply 55
Application form submitted before Oxbridge deadline.
All BSc in Computer Science except those stated.
Universities applied (In alphabetical order):-

Bristol
Edinburgh - BEng Computer Science
Exeter
Oxford - BA Computer Science
Sheffield
Warwick
Cambridge (Emmanuel Coll.)
Durham (University Coll.)
Bath
East Anglia
Sussex
Lancaster

Applying for Biological NatSci.
Pencil Queen
You do know that UMIST and Manchester are poised to become one university in September 2004?

I was about to say the same thing. i did computing science at umist last year and it was really really bad - a horrible degree, absolutely awful. wasnt too keen on manchester either. i guess if youre going from a academic-only point of view, then yeah go for it cos you will be inspired by the lack of atmosphere there. when i was on the course it seemed like only half a dozen people wanted to actually do the course - the elite nerds. incase youre wondering, yes i did pass. im so traumatised by the experience ive switched degrees.

anyhow, thats just my experience. java is a nightmare at that place. the year before mine had a 90% failure rate for it, and half got called up for plaigurising... meh! i just dont rate it, oh well, rock rock rock on :confused:
Reply 58
Pembroke, Cambridge
Imperial College London
University College London
Warwick,

For Computing/Computer Science
Reply 59
Camford
Pembroke, Cambridge
Imperial College London
University College London
Warwick,

For Computing/Computer Science

Imperial College London - Quality CS course. Not for the light hearted though!

John

Latest

Trending

Trending