The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
apoliteafternoontea
Hi,

I've just applied for Drama/Theatre Studies at...
x Bristol
x Exeter
x Royal Holloway
x Queen Mary
x Goldsmiths

I have already had an offer at Goldsmiths and interviews at Exeter and Queen Mary, but I'm just panicking about Bristol- has anyone had interviews through for there yet? It's my first choice I think! Plus any opinions on my choices would be appreciated.
:smile:

Heya!

I'm at Bristol, don't panic if you haven't received an interview date yet, some people on my course didn't get interview invited until feb/march.

They interview on a points based system from your UCAS ap and there tends to be a lot of people with the same amount of points - which means they have to argue with one another about who to interview as they only interview 90 people for single honours.

Any questions send me a PM

xxx
Reply 61
francescarella
oh and another TSRian for this thurs' interview:

GWQuinn :smile: (lighting design)

haha stage managers don't have a corner- they usually roam the whole backstage of our Embassy Theatre lol!

sounds good, least we aren't tied down lol
DanielWhit
sounds good, least we aren't tied down lol

haha oh you SMs are the bossiest of people to work with i swear! but really organised compoared to us scatty "creative directors". we're all like "hmmm what day is it..oh look a buterfly!! how inspriational!" lmao!

btw, one guy who was interviewd today WON'T be getting in as i spoke to the admissions tutor cos he was being really rude to me. hmmph. that'll teach him :proud: don't mes with a PA.:yep:
Reply 63
Stage Managers have to manage the stage... one time about a minute before curtain up (after interval) half the beginners were not anywhere near in positions - I ended up going round almost shouting at some people to get onstage... which would have been fine, except for the small problem that I had managed to leave my cans on, and being the sensitive buggers they are... it was loud for the DSM and ops lol

We have to be bossy (some times)... however interview day, we bow down to you... (especially you with the amount of work you put in with my PS) *bows*
DanielWhit
Stage Managers have to manage the stage... one time about a minute before curtain up (after interval) half the beginners were not anywhere near in positions - I ended up going round almost shouting at some people to get onstage... which would have been fine, except for the small problem that I had managed to leave my cans on, and being the sensitive buggers they are... it was loud for the DSM and ops lol

We have to be bossy (some times)... however interview day, we bow down to you... (especially you with the amount of work you put in with my PS) *bows*

aww poor DSM! actually, i hate all management team. all they ever say to me is "nope, can't do it", "won't work", "what the hell are you on about?!", "are you insane that isn't even a real thing!"

lol.
but yes, bow down, cos i helped get you an interview:smile: and i can help get you an offer:wink: just you wait til next thursday, just you wait:biggrin:
Reply 65
you're obviously someone with a vivid imagination of what can happen on stage lol
:yep:
Reply 67
Being a mere techie I do occasionally observe those fantastic conversations between artistic directors and stage management 'I want to turn the whole stage into a bubble...like a real bubble...I can see it now the audience will have to watch the play through the bubble' followed by the sm just staring.
Reply 68
Lol, I do both direction and stage management so I never have this issue with directors :biggrin:.
I'm just like "oooh I like that idea! erm... we can't quite do it but how about this, it'll look almost as good" and Directors are like *:O* "Yeah sure, so long as its as close as it can be to my plans"
ok so you definitely want to come to Central- i've just been filming a show with BBC2 and have been chilling with Jo Brand:proud:
my life rocks so much:yep:
Reply 70
What are we meant to wear to the CSSD audition?? Tank and leggings?
GiaHoliday
What are we meant to wear to the CSSD audition?? Tank and leggings?

when's your audition? most people com (travel) in normal clothes and then bring a set of blacks (usually leggings/black movement trousers, and then a comfy black top, usually strappy top/t shirt/tank top.)

which acting strand are you going for? or are you for theatre practice (in which case, theatre practice requires normal clothes anyway)
ps. another reason to come to central- last night i met Ramin Karimloo :love:
Reply 73
I'm on the 17th for stage and screen. I am very nervous! I am spending the night before in London, so I thought I would just wear tank and leggings and walk to Central.....weird question, but are a lot of the applicants pretty? and do they pay much attention to the no make up thing?
ohh dont be nervous!!! you must be pretty talented to even get an audition! but stage n screen is internationally renowned.
what are your monologues? walk to central from where? central london? it's a bit of a walk lol. but yeh tank top n leggings are fine:smile:
hmm there are quite a lot of "pretty" people but that doesnt mean they are in any way talented or right for the course. Central cast their classes, so that means they'll have about 3/4 leading men and women, 2 ensemble/supporting role persons, and then a character/unique actor and actress. there'd be no point having 16 leading actors as they wont all get jobs.
hmm i think they probs prefer little/no make up anyway:smile:
Reply 75
Maybe I'll attempt to learn the underground:smile:Yeah. I'm pretty nervous because it is so renowned. My monologues are Ophelia and Cressida from the list
Reply 76
sorry...I meant Cressida and Juliet!
Reply 77
Are the monologues sitting or standing?
it's right opposite Swiss Cottage tube station on the jubilee line (northbound) so it's really easy to get to:smile:

a bit of nerves are good for you:smile:
and the monologues are done standing i think. in front of everyone. then before lunch they pick ten people. these ten people do the second monologue after lunch. u only do one monologue before lunch. if you'[re not on the list of ten people, then you havent got through.
Reply 79
Crap! Well, ok then....

Latest