The Student Room Group

Physics Planning (OCR)

I've pretty much got the problem of the planning solved. It's the one with the advertising board. Just one of the points I wanted to see what people thought about. How do you measure air? - I couldn't think of anything first but went back to my Year 7ish knowledge of the Beaufort Scale.

Do you think this would be a good method or too inaccurate?

If you're not allowed to say so due to exam restrictions then ignore me. :redface:
Slackworth
I've pretty much got the problem of the planning solved. It's the one with the advertising board. Just one of the points I wanted to see what people thought about. How do you measure air? - I couldn't think of anything first but went back to my Year 7ish knowledge of the Beaufort Scale.

If you're not allowed to say so due to exam restrictions then ignore me. :redface:

Is this AS Physics?
Reply 2
:smile: Yup.

I'm in Year 13 now but doing the re-sits for the whole of last years physics.
Slackworth
:smile: Yup.

I'm in Year 13 now but doing the re-sits for the whole of last years physics.

What is the planning exercise about?
I'm getting mine tomorrow.
Please tell me.
Slackworth

I used an aneomometer
:bebored:
Reply 5
Widowmaker
What is the planning exercise about?
I'm getting mine tomorrow.
Please tell me.

Mine is an advertising board on a hinge. Just have to show how various wind speed affects the angle it tilts at.

these_apples
I used an aneomometer
:bebored:

I'll do some research into it and speak to my physics teacher. :smile: Haven't been in any of the lessons or lab since July so haven't got a clue what's in there. I'll have a dig around tomorrow I think. :idea: :five:
Good luck with the practicals guys.
I'm having a slight problem with the planning exercise.
I know how I am going to measure the speed (digital anemometer)
Problem is, would this be available in a school/college?
How do I describe how I would change the speed of the wind? Do I just describe how I would adjust the settings on the device?
Finally, measuring theta. Would I just measure length of board, distance from hinge at maximum elevation and then use simple trigonometry? or is there more to it than that?
Reply 8
oh yeah done this. got teacher to check who is an examiner and he says its good enough i think. so should be OK
Is anyone going to help me?
The Chameleon
Is anyone going to help me?

talk to your teacher.
Reply 11
The Chameleon
I'm having a slight problem with the planning exercise.
I know how I am going to measure the speed (digital anemometer)
Problem is, would this be available in a school/college?
How do I describe how I would change the speed of the wind? Do I just describe how I would adjust the settings on the device?
Finally, measuring theta. Would I just measure length of board, distance from hinge at maximum elevation and then use simple trigonometry? or is there more to it than that?

yep trhat looks fine.

mine has been finishe dnw
Hi, how is everyone laying their planning exercise out?
Are you typing a hypothesis, a prediction, etc.
Almost finished. How many words has everyone done? Did anyone go over 500?
The Chameleon
Almost finished. How many words has everyone done? Did anyone go over 500?

For the plan, I went well over in total. However, I had most of it in boxes/diagrams, so it was all legitimate :wink:

It's the best way!
endeavour
For the plan, I went well over in total. However, I had most of it in boxes/diagrams, so it was all legitimate :wink:

It's the best way!

do the examiners penalise you if you do?
Widowmaker

what is everybody's layout for the plan?
Widowmaker

Hmm I can't remember what it exactly says on the instructions, but if you go over the limit by a few words, I dont think it will matter.

You have to write down the word count every 100 words (or something) in the margins. Read and follow the instructions very carefully.
endeavour
Hmm I can't remember what it exactly says on the instructions, but if you go over the limit by a few words, I dont think it will matter.

You have to write down the word count every 100 words (or something) in the margins. Read and follow the instructions very carefully.

hmmm, i just counted min, its 100 words over :stupido:, i am in the process of cutting it down, fingers crossed its all ok :shot:. i still think mine will be 50 over. :hmpf:
MightyMeanie
hmmm, i just counted min, its 100 words over :stupido:, i am in the process of cutting it down, fingers crossed its all ok :shot:. i still think mine will be 50 over. :hmpf:

if i have text in a table or a flow chart do I have to include those words?

Latest

Trending

Trending