The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SsEe
The only thing is that as all Cambridge folk are good boys and girls they would've been in bed hours ago so tomorrow morning there'll be a flood of Cam votes as they all wake up.

:eek: I'm suing you for libel.
Reply 21
Three college friends, one each from the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge and TVU, decided to pool their funds and go to the Olympics in Barcelona. The airfare and hotel rates ate up most of their money so they didn't have enough to get into the stadium to see the events.

So they stood around the gate, watching all the other people get in and then noticed that some people didn't have to pay. Whenever an athlete passed the guard with his (or her) equipment, the guard would simply nod and let them through. So the three visitors quickly trotted off to a nearby hardware shop and came back to try to get in.

The TVU student walked up to the guard and gestured at the long pole he carried. "Pole vaulting," he said, and the guard waved him through.

The Cambridge student, having rigged up a ball to a length of chain, approached the guard next and showed of his wares. "Hammer throwing," he said, and the guard shrugged and waved him through.

The Physics student from Oxford came last, with a roll of chain link on his shoulder. "Fencing."
Reply 22
fishpaste
Add Oxford to both sides

2Oxford > Oxbridge
2(Ox)ford > (Ox)(bridge)
2ford > bridge

this is blatantly absurd, what use is two fords? Therefore the original premise is ridiculous => Cambridge = Oxford or Cambridge > Oxford

Cambridge = Oxford is absurd, since Cambridge is in east angular and Oxford is in god knows where.

well, a ford is a shallow bit of river. and bridges are higher than fords. so even if you have 2 fords, they will still be lower than one bridge. :tsr:

:confused:
Reply 23
fishpaste

Cambridge is in east angular.

So that's why they're allegedly good at maths.

Sorry, had to comment on reflex.

But am I right, or am I right?
Reply 24
RichE
So that's why they're allegedly good at maths.

Sorry, had to comment on reflex.

But am I right, or am I right?

Would that be reflex angles? :confused:

:rolleyes:
Reply 25
fishpaste
Add Oxford to both sides

2Oxford > Oxbridge
2(Ox)ford > (Ox)(bridge)
2ford > bridge

this is blatantly absurd, what use is two fords? Therefore the original premise is ridiculous => Cambridge = Oxford or Cambridge > Oxford

Cambridge = Oxford is absurd, since Cambridge is in east angular and Oxford is in a smelly swamp located far away from the tide of civilisation.

THEREFORE CAMBRIDGE BEATS YOUR HAIRY CAVEPEOPLE BOTTOMS.

There's a flaw in your argument:
it's gay

Oxford > Cambridge
Oxbridge > 2Cambridge
bridge is a positive entity so we can divide both sides:
Ox > 2Cam
Now on one hand you have a big fat hairy wild ox and on the other you have a pidly little cam toy. What's going to win in a fight? Eh?
Reply 26
SsEe
it's gay

Oxford > Cambridge
Oxbridge > 2Cambridge
Ox > 2Cam
Now on one hand you have a big fat hairy wild ox and on the other you have a pidly little cam toy. What's going to win in a fight? Eh?

Tabland will, 39-37 atm:wink:
Reply 27
39 - 39
It's neck and neck all the way
Reply 28
SsEe
it's gay

Oxford > Cambridge
Oxbridge > 2Cambridge
Ox > 2Cam

Errr is it me or is this circular logic?

"A is true. Therefore, A is true."

OOPS OXFORD SUCKS GOTO IMPERIAL WHILST YOU STILL CAN!
Reply 29
OK fine. I'll rearrange the logic:
We start with the obviously true statement that a large bovine mammal would trample two little cam toys in a fight to the death:
Ox > 2Cam
Multiply both sides by the positive entity: bridge:
Oxbridge > 2Cambridge
subtract Cambridge from both sides:
Oxford > Cambridge
Reply 30
SsEe
it's gay

Oxford > Cambridge
Oxbridge > 2Cambridge
Ox > 2Cam

Though 2Cam sounds a bit like Toucan, which is a bird with a big beak that can't even fly very well. Big fat hairy wild ox vs crappy little bird - what's it going to do, throw feathers at it?
Reply 31
calumc
Though 2Cam sounds a bit like Toucan, which is a bird with a big beak that can't even fly very well. Big fat hairy wild ox vs crappy little bird - what's it going to do, throw feathers at it?

Bite it, silly.
Reply 32
calumc

I'd rather be a rather exotic bird than a piddly little river, aka streak of piss :wink:
calumc

Poison it with Guinness?
Reply 34
fishpaste
Errr is it me or is this circular logic?

"A is true. Therefore, A is true."

OOPS OXFORD SUCKS GOTO IMPERIAL WHILST YOU STILL CAN!

Wotevah, buddy, at least Oxford has interesting stuff..Like...Hills...And at least Oxford has been punished by Heaven for all its obvious transgressions and is mucho smited by horrid, horrid arctic winds! :aetsch: :bootyshak :secruity: :tsr:
~Raphael~
Wotevah, buddy, at least Oxford has interesting stuff..Like...Hills...And at least Oxford has been punished by Heaven for all its obvious transgressions and is mucho smited by horrid, horrid arctic winds! :aetsch: :bootyshak :secruity: :tsr:

Should that be "has" or "hasn't" been punished with arctic winds? The Arctic winds that God sends to Cambridge are clearly a sign of His increasing jealousy with our greatness.
Reply 36
~Raphael~

hills are for people who don't want to be able to see their own hideous architecture. fortunately we have pretty buildings which don't have to be shielded in embarassment.
Reply 37
SsEe
The only thing is that as all Cambridge folk are good boys and girls they would've been in bed hours ago so tomorrow morning there'll be a flood of Cam votes as they all wake up.

At the beginning of a Discrete Maths course, my lecturer said, "Good morning" and no one answered back, so he told us a story about a friend of his who lectured in Oxford, London and Cambridge.

In Oxford, when his friend would say, "Good morning" to the class, everyone would shout, "Good morning" back. In London, the students would write "Good morning" down in their notepads. In Cambridge, everyone would look up from their newspapers to see who was causing the disturbance. :smile:
Reply 38
Immortal Wombat
Should that be "has" or "hasn't" been punished with arctic winds? The Arctic winds that God sends to Cambridge are clearly a sign of His increasing jealousy with our greatness.

Ahhhh a mis-type, I assure you, nothing to do with Freud! :redface: :p: :cool:
Reply 39
fishpaste
hills are for people who don't want to be able to see their own hideous architecture. fortunately we have pretty buildings which don't have to be shielded in embarassment.

The hills SURROUND Oxford because it is exclusive (though it has Access Schemes) and also to shield it from aforesaid divine wrath. Copycat Cambridge stole Oxford's style anyway, so neh nerr nerr neh nerrr nurrr nee nooo!

Hmmm, I'm in no way associated with Oxford, apart from in my dreams :rolleyes: :redface: :cool: so I don't know why I'm going on :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending