The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Rik_Rock
Hey, has anybodies Cambridge decision appeared on their UCAS track yet?

I wont feel entirely comfortable until it's on there and I get a letter as well. If everybody else has had theirs updated and not me, I'm gonna start to worry, heh.

Rik

on my letter they sed 'by february'

so dont worry lol
Reply 2
I've heard they are always late - don't worry :smile:
Reply 3
does anyone else have to write to their college to say whether you're going to take the place up or not ? :confused:
Reply 4
stephx
does anyone else have to write to their college to say whether you're going to take

yeh i did...but it wasn't clear on the letter (i thought i was asked to so i did)
Reply 5
i only had to write if i was not goig to accept the place. i wont be writing :biggrin:
Reply 6
stephx
does anyone else have to write to their college to say whether you're going to take the place up or not ? :confused:

Oh yeah, they told me to write to the college if I accepted, which I did, but that was so they could send me recommended reading and start to prepare for me to go so long as i get the grades.

I still need to accept via UCAS so that my other choices know what's happening and so I can make it all official.

If they don't sort themselves out for a while, that's OK, I was just worrying myself thinking that something might have happened, heh.

*paranoid*
Reply 7
ah right, looks like i'd better get writing then! :redface:
Reply 8
I got mine in March. I can still somehow log on and see it though:s
Reply 9
stephx

It's not clear whether yuo shgould - but probably best to stay on the safe side.
Reply 10
Nah, UCAS will take ages. And if we get a load of threads saying "it hasn't appeared yet, does this mean I'm not really in?" I might start getting annoyed.
Reply 11
Rik_Rock
Oh yeah, they told me to write to the college if I accepted, which I did, but that was so they could send me recommended reading and start to prepare for me to go so long as i get the grades.

Don't worry if a reading list doesn't arrive until April! I got mine just as I was starting intense A-level revision and didn't look at it until the summer. Accommodation info etc. tends to arrive the day after Results Day and your DoS writes later in August. The only other thing to know is that sometime in March/April you'll probably get a letter asking you to send some passport photos for your Cambridge card. However the timings could all have changed over the past 2 years and could differ between subjects/colleges, so don't worry about anything. Just assume that they'll be in touch when they need to be. Incidentally, Jane's letters all went missing because Sidney got her address wrong, and that didn't cause any problems. No need to be paranoid! :biggrin:
Reply 12
don't worry if a reading list doesnt really arrive at all!! your course should have a website somewhere withing .cam.ac.uk, usually first yr specs are always there.

the passport photos thing depends on the college. sidney were uber organised and asked for them in may, whether or not people made the offers. some other colleges asked for them after results. (homerton, for example)
Reply 13
I think the UCAS track system is very inefficient, unless the unis have withholded thier information for long periods, or UCAS took two months to put up my Nottingham Offer, after I recieved it from the School.
Reply 14
Valerio
I think the UCAS track system is very inefficient, unless the unis have withholded thier information for long periods, or UCAS took two months to put up my Nottingham Offer, after I recieved it from the School.

I think its just the unis being lazy. With St Andrews I heard about my offer from them a month before it appeared on UCAS track. But with RVC the admissions people told me I would hear shortly through UCAS, about 5 hours later it was updated :smile:
Reply 15
Also I believe the people at UCAS enjoy withholdinginformation. Why else would you want to work there if you don't get job satisfaction from crushing the dreams and prolonging the fears of teenagers across the country :frown: either that or it pays well
Reply 16
notyourpunk
Also I believe the people at UCAS enjoy withholdinginformation. Why else would you want to work there if you don't get job satisfaction from crushing the dreams and prolonging the fears of teenagers across the country :frown: either that or it pays well

Haha, that's pretty likely. It's just that all my other offers appeared on UCAS track before the universities got round to writing. In fact, I haven't got anything on paper from Leeds still.

Oh well, I shant worry then if this long wait is normal. Thanks for putting my mind at ease people (it's never normally very active anyway :biggrin: )

Good luck to everybody applying '05!! :smile:

Rik
Reply 17
priya
don't worry if a reading list doesnt really arrive at all!! your course should have a website somewhere withing .cam.ac.uk, usually first yr specs are always there.

the passport photos thing depends on the college. sidney were uber organised and asked for them in may, whether or not people made the offers. some other colleges asked for them after results. (homerton, for example)

may? theres a sheet in with my offer letter asking for a photo for the university card 'no later than 1st Febuary 2004' (their bold)!! Are Downing generally hyper-organised? (It'd make more sense if I had an unconditional offer, but it isn't).

Emily x

Latest

Trending

Trending