The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How are your academics? If they're good then why not try BMAT universities?
Reply 2
shahidredhot
My UKCAT was absolutlely disastrous. Getting into medicine is all that I've thought about for the past two years and when i saw the results my heart sank. So where am i supposed to apply, i mean what university could accept such a diabolical score? Apart from liverpool, bristol and birmingham that dont require the exam where can I apply?

this thread should be in medicine forum,and birmingham needs UKCAT.
But anyways,you could try the BMAT unis.it will be easier to decide if we know your GCSE and AS level grades:smile:
Reply 3
My gcse's weren't great compared to the average candidate. 7 A's 4 B's
AS: AAABC A'a in biology, chemistry and sports. The B was in general studies and C in physics.
Reply 4
Wow I know how you feel, happened to me last year. If your AS grades and predicted grades are very good (AAA) you don't have to worry too much. But i still didn't get in, so to be on the safe side you sould just do the BMAT, or you could apply to unis that don't require any tests (thats if you don't mind getting into a "not so good" university.
Reply 5
shahidredhot
My gcse's weren't great compared to the average candidate. 7 A's 4 B's
AS: AAABC A'a in biology, chemistry and sports. The B was in general studies and C in physics.

you have good AS levels:smile: give UCL a go:smile:
Reply 6
skyler8
Wow I know how you feel, happened to me last year. If your AS grades and predicted grades are very good (AAA) you don't have to worry too much. But i still didn't get in, so to be on the safe side you sould just do the BMAT, or you could apply to unis that don't require any tests (thats if you don't mind getting into a "not so good" university.

oh,what did you get in your ukcat last year, and where did you apply?:frown: sorry, for being so nosy
Cardiff don't even look at the scores I have been told today - they just require you to do the exam, but they dont use the scores in the admission process.
Reply 8
I dont meet cardiff's GCSE entry requirement.
Reply 9
shriya

Absolute fail. Read their website :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Yes 4%. Interview is 45%, grades are 25% and your PS is 26%...basically they glimpse the UKCAT and wipe their asses with it, dont really look at it at all. << Thats aberdeen, you think i should apply there?
Reply 11
sohanshah
Absolute fail. Read their website :rolleyes:

yeah,they dont need it anymore,its not like you know everything:rolleyes:
Reply 12
shahidredhot
Yes 4%. Interview is 45%, grades are 25% and your PS is 26%...basically they glimpse the UKCAT and wipe their asses with it, dont really look at it at all. << Thats aberdeen, you think i should apply there?

go for it then,and birmingham dont need UKCAT,sorry for the wrong information lol.
Reply 13
hai keh kiteh hai shaneeeeeeeee
Reply 14
shriya
But anyways,you could try the BMAT unis.it will be easier to decide if we know your GCSE and AS level grades:smile:

Birmingham doesn't require the UKCAT thats why they are so strict on the no. of A*'s candidates have.

But do try the bmat uni'z, but dnt apply to them if you dnt think you'l be happy there.

Just make sure you get your grades and your PS is outstanding. You can always apply again next year.
Reply 15
shahidredhot
My UKCAT was absolutlely disastrous. Getting into medicine is all that I've thought about for the past two years and when i saw the results my heart sank. So where am i supposed to apply, i mean what university could accept such a diabolical score? Apart from liverpool, bristol and birmingham that dont require the exam where can I apply?

dundee only look at it if you are borderline for an interview. you need AAA predictions though and to have a pretty good personal statement and reference with lots of detailed work experience
Reply 16
Every uni that doesn't need UKCAT:
Birmingham
Bristol
Cambridge (BMAT)
Imperial (BMAT)
Liverpool
Oxford (BMAT)
UCL (BMAT)

So I guess those are what you have to choose from now. :smile:
shahidredhot

Except that wiping of the arse could be the difference you getting in or not.
davinia341
Birmingham doesn't require the UKCAT thats why they are so strict on the no. of A*'s candidates have.
doubt it. they were strict on that when I was applying and we didn't even have the UKCAT then. Hell, even the BMAT was only in its second year.
I'm in a slightly similar situation. I got an average of 625, which at the time I thought was alright, but now I keep hearing about lots of universities having secret cut off's of around 650-700.

Although my score isn't too bad, are there any I should definitely avoid?

Latest

Trending

Trending