The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi Everyone

I too am attending this 4-day course and as yet don't know anyone. Travelling down from Liverpool so hopefully get to meet some of you. Hoping its going to be fun (and informative).

Kirsty
Reply 41
maybe someone should organise a party lol in a common room or something!
xxx
Reply 42
also, how much is the food?
the website can't connect or something lol
Reply 43
we should all have a party in newark hall!!
Reply 44
hi,
im from kent so if anyone wants to chat over msn or whatever add me on [email protected]

Also everyones talking about the edge tickets. i booked the edge session and havent received anything. whats all that about?!
Cheers and hopefully meet some of you there! x
nempozpag
I'm going there tomorrow as I'm doing the pathology bit. Apparently I'll be in Southwell or Newark on Jubilee tomorrow night, but then going to Derby on the main campus on Wednesday. I'm doing The Edge and it says Wednesday on the ticket.

I've been trying to find out what the pathology project is supposed to be this year, but none of the links have worked on the website. Anyone got any ideas?

Might bump into some of you there then :jumphug:

:hi: I'm also in Derby Hall! If you are in the same halls as someone are you also in the same lecture group? My friend is in the same halls (Derby as well) and I emailed asking if we could be in the same lecture group and got an email back saying "you're in the same halls anyway", which confused me a little.

Also, I have to register at Jubilee Campus but I'm staying on the Main Campus, so do I register then tootle back to my dad's car to get to Main Campus, or say bye bye, go and register and then use the shuttle buses/coaches to get to the Main Campus, or are lectures on Jubilee Campus so I just stay there?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just a bit confused about some parts, and have parents bombarding questions at me! :smile:
laura...
hi,
im from kent so if anyone wants to chat over msn or whatever add me on [email protected]

Also everyones talking about the edge tickets. i booked the edge session and havent received anything. whats all that about?!
Cheers and hopefully meet some of you there! x

Hi :hugs:

I got a ticket for The Edge with my registration stuff that they sent me through the post...it's just a little pink cardboard slip. Does it say on the green form that you're booked for the Edge as well? xxx
steph_v
Do they do the Edge on different days then? Mine says Thursday.

Are you on Jubilee Campus? Mine says Wednesday on Main Campus :smile:
Sorry for the triple post
Reply 48
lil_miss_rapunzel
Are you on Jubilee Campus? Mine says Wednesday on Main Campus :smile:
Sorry for the triple post

Hi, Pete's mum here (tho he'll probably kill me :eek:) as he's not got a laptop with him. He's just rung to say he's in Southwell tonight and is in Green group. Tomorrow they'll be taking him to Derby, but it sounds like he'll be going back and forth. His Edge session is definitely on Wednesday, so they must be splitting the groups.

Have a great time all who're there, and congrats to all the offers/interviews.
Reply 49
when did u get the chance to buy hoodies, the first day or when??
Soloman
when did u get the chance to buy hoodies, the first day or when??

all weekend ther's an university shop there
(lunch/between lectures)
Reply 51
nempozpag
Hi, Pete's mum here (tho he'll probably kill me :eek:) as he's not got a laptop with him. He's just rung to say he's in Southwell tonight and is in Green group. Tomorrow they'll be taking him to Derby, but it sounds like he'll be going back and forth. His Edge session is definitely on Wednesday, so they must be splitting the groups.

Have a great time all who're there, and congrats to all the offers/interviews.

:no:

Parents displaying info on public forums ...

So what did everyone think... I'm exhausted! The vet school book seems pretty good (I bet all this years applicants wish they had had it!! :biggrin:)

The Edge guy was good but i hate him and I can't even rationally explain why.

Was really annoying being dragged back and forth from Derby Hall, but we watched Russell Howard on Thursday so mwahahaha... Sooo worth it.

lil_miss_rapunzel

If you wanted to know lil_miss_rapunzel i was in a black jacket for pretty much all week, i have messy blond hair and am quite skinny. Remember me? Probably not from that description but oh well. Oh yeah and i looked really angry most of the week, which is something i can't help :wink:
Reply 52
I got back a few hours ago. Was a very good experience, I learnt a lot.
I found some of the people quite snobby, sorry if you're one of them :tongue:
But on the whole, I made some nice friends and had a really good time.
I want to go on the Vetsim, but I can't justify paying that much money, plus, I can't afford it.
nempozpag
:no:

Parents displaying info on public forums ...

So what did everyone think... I'm exhausted! The vet school book seems pretty good (I bet all this years applicants wish they had had it!! :biggrin:)

The Edge guy was good but i hate him and I can't even rationally explain why.

Was really annoying being dragged back and forth from Derby Hall, but we watched Russell Howard on Thursday so mwahahaha... Sooo worth it.

If you wanted to know lil_miss_rapunzel i was in a black jacket for pretty much all week, i have messy blond hair and am quite skinny. Remember me? Probably not from that description but oh well. Oh yeah and i looked really angry most of the week, which is something i can't help :wink:

book?? what book???
you got a book!!!
about what??
that's not fair...we didn't get one :frown:
Reply 55
Annaconda
book?? what book???

x_dwin_ffeimys_x
you got a book!!!
about what??
that's not fair...we didn't get one

"Vet School - Getting your foot in the door" by Chris S. Queen and Matthew J. Swaffield. First issues were given out on Tuesday i think. A little pricey at £15 but it seems better than anything else out and the foreword is by Lynda Moore of Bristol who gives it very positive feedback.

It's probably dumb revealing this information to my rivals but oh well... The vetmedlink conference gives such an advantage to those who can afford it (and those who got it subsidised by college :yep: ) that I can't be doing much damage.

steph_v
I got back a few hours ago. Was a very good experience, I learnt a lot.
I found some of the people quite snobby, sorry if you're one of them :tongue:
But on the whole, I made some nice friends and had a really good time.
I want to go on the Vetsim, but I can't justify paying that much money, plus, I can't afford it.

Same with me for vetsim. Yeah they were all quite rich, posh and the occasional snobby one. But it was laser pen guy that really got on my nerves. Wasn't a bad guy really when you're with him but everyone there who wasn't in our little group hated him. Because i was with him and his group quite a lot, all the people who spoke to me thought i was just like him, so i had to tell them i was trying to ignore it! Not a great start, lol...

If he uses this site he'll have me clocked now though :ninja: (sorry!)
nempozpag
"Vet School - Getting your foot in the door" by Chris S. Queen and Matthew J. Swaffield. First issues were given out on Tuesday i think. A little pricey at £15 but it seems better than anything else out and the foreword is by Lynda Moore of Bristol who gives it very positive feedback.

Is it worth it for us who have applied?? are there interview tips in it? or just stuff on PS??
£15 is quite cheap for a vetty book, most good ones are around £30!!!
Reply 57
Vet School - Getting your foot in the door" by Chris S. Queen and Matthew J. Swaffield. First issues were given out on Tuesday i think. A little pricey at £15 but it seems better than anything else out and the foreword is by Lynda Moore of Bristol who gives it very positive feedback.

Hahaha I bet she did! Chris Queen is an ex bristol student!! he graduated last year but he was one of the vet students that helped out at vetmedlink and vetsim when I went a couple of years ago! Did you get told to get 'pet vets'? Chris was my bristol pet vet! :p:
tiny_tiger
Hahaha I bet she did! Chris Queen is an ex bristol student!! he graduated last year but he was one of the vet students that helped out at vetmedlink and vetsim when I went a couple of years ago! Did you get told to get 'pet vets'? Chris was my bristol pet vet! :p:

oh yeah i remember people saying last year they were bringing out a book

when will people be able to buy it?
tiny_tiger

what's a pet vet?? :s

Latest

Trending

Trending