The Student Room Group

Keele Or Liverpool?

Sorry yet another one of these threads...I got my UKCAT score today, an average of 580 (590,650,530,550). I was originally planning on applying to Keele, however i feel as if my UKCAT score might let me down a bit. So thought of applying to Liverpool instead, location is nice and they don't use the UKCAT, which could work to my advantage. What does everyone think? Does anyone know how much Keele use the UKCAT in their shortlisting for interview? I rang them up a few weeks ago and they said they don't have a cut off score, but i'll ring them up tomorrow and find out how much they actually use the UKCAT, just wondered if anyone on here would know!
Reply 1
as it is new they dont really use it!!
Reply 2
as it is new they dont really use it!!
Reply 3
Keele barely use it. Liverpool don't use it at all. I am pretty sure Keele look at other things more so your score wouldn't hold you back. If you prefer Keele, go for them.
Reply 4
Danielisew
Keele barely use it. Liverpool don't use it at all. I am pretty sure Keele look at other things more so your score wouldn't hold you back. If you prefer Keele, go for them.

Hmmm i think i do prefer Keele, not sure though :p: I'll ring them and see what they say.
Reply 5
Keele will be ultimately easier to get into than liverpool. I wouldn't say they have slack entry requirements by any measure but they are about as close to a 'soft option' as anyone is ever going to get for medicine.

Latest