The Student Room Group
University of York
York

The TSR alternate Freshers' ball

Seeing as a great number of people here aren't going to the Freshers' ball, and also there's been talk of a Freshers' TSR meet. So, having the amazing mind that I have (that previous statement may be a bit sensational), I've managed to combine the two and come up with...

THE TSR ALTERNATE FRESHERS' BALL

Basically, it does as it says on the tin. It'll be some form of pub visit thing in town, held at the same time as the Freshers' ball. Smart attire optional.

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know, I'll only actually bother doing it if a number of people are interested.
I suppose I haven't bought a ticket yet. So maybe i will turn up.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Yes :smile:
Reply 3
laser
Seeing as a great number of people here aren't going to the Freshers' ball, and also there's been talk of a Freshers' TSR meet. So, having the amazing mind that I have (that previous statement may be a bit sensational), I've managed to combine the two and come up with...

THE TSR ALTERNATE FRESHERS' BALL

Basically, it does as it says on the tin. It'll be some form of pub visit thing in town, held at the same time as the Freshers' ball. Smart attire optional.

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know, I'll only actually bother doing it if a number of people are interested.

where would it be london oh yes see you there:yep:
Reply 4
Why would it be in London? I was thinking somewhere more local, that doesn't involve a 2 hour £40 train journey. Like The Lowther.
Reply 5
laser
Why would it be in London? I was thinking somewhere more local, that doesn't involve a 2 hour £40 train journey. Like The Lowther.

I don't think he realises this is in the york sub forum.
Reply 6
the halifax games night! :smile: anyone?
I agree with it being in London tbh, much more easily accesible
Reply 8
arisk01
I agree with it being in London tbh, much more easily accesible

Did you actually look at where you were posting?

:clip:
paperclip
Did you actually look at where you were posting?

:clip:

Indeed; I applied to York, hence I am an "alternate fresher" - does that not count? :frown:
Reply 10
This is the alternate (Freshers' ball), not the (alternate Freshers)' ball :P
Reply 11
My alternate fresher's ball is going to see Queen :biggrin: so I will indeed be making the multi-hour journey to London that evening
laser
This is the alternate (Freshers' ball), not the (alternate Freshers)' ball :P

:eek: but... but... :cry:
Reply 13
oOo, shiny. I'd be up for it if I don't have JCRC responsibilities :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending