The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

notyourpunk
hehe well im looking forward to going to cambridge now. And I thought the topics of conversation that I've been having for the past 18 years were trash. i wouldnt take it all too seriously. Just chill and enjoy your AS/A2s and collections.

I' tempted to add that its no biggy what happens on this poll as we all know Jesus is the best, but that would be immature so i wont :smile:

JESUS

here I come.

(oh, and it's the best btw. Why? because it's called Jesus of course!!!

:redface:
TakemetoAvalon
JESUS

here I come.

By that logic, it'd have to be best equal with Christ's, Emmanuel and possibly King's (though clearly not intended). :smile:
Reply 62
TakemetoAvalon

Wrong
magicalsausage
By that logic, it'd have to be best equal with Christ's, Emmanuel and possibly King's (though clearly not intended). :smile:

Wrong

Trinity is the best because the Holy Trinity = God + JC + Holy spirit. :biggrin:

I mean why settle for Jesus when you can have God & the Holy spirit as well? :smile: :p: :wink:
Reply 63
magicalsausage

my mother, a fairly evangelical christian, was very pleased that i applied to jesus. i think if i had applied somewhere without a christian name and she had found out she wouldnt have been to impressed! Perhaps when they open some new colleges theywill give them names from other religions in the spirit of political corectness :rolleyes:
Reply 64
notyourpunk
my mother, a fairly evangelical christian, was very pleased that i applied to jesus. i think if i had applied somewhere without a christian name and she had found out she wouldnt have been to impressed! Perhaps when they open some new colleges theywill give them names from other religions in the spirit of political corectness :rolleyes:

apparently there's going to be a Gates college (one of the 3 or 4 planned at the new cambridge development site). can't imagine being put in a boat where the blades have the microsoft windows logo as part of their colours/design :rolleyes:
Reply 65
khl31
apparently there's going to be a Gates college (one of the 3 or 4 planned at the new cambridge development site). can't imagine being put in a boat where the blades have the microsoft windows logo as part of their colours/design :rolleyes:

Is he funding it or are they naming it after him becuase of his achivements?
Reply 66
TakemetoAvalon
JESUS

here I come.

so many ppl sayin jesus is the best, yet there are hardly any votes for it... is it cos the jesus people are just louder than the rest? :hmmmm:
Reply 67
notyourpunk
Is he funding it or are they naming it after him becuase of his achivements?

I'd presume he's partially funding it, he paid for less than half of our new lab and still got it named after himself...

A.
Reply 68
khl31
Can't imagine being put in a boat where the blades have the microsoft windows logo as part of their colours/design :rolleyes:

I'd bet they'd crash a lot. :p:
Reply 69
that joke was so bad it made me laugh. well done :tongue:
Reply 70
TakemetoAvalon
No one! and you cant' define best anyway.

Oh well :rolleyes: :redface:

Well, unless you count Alaric's years' experience of Clare, my and Fishpaste's term, then no, we don't really know what it's like :p:
Reply 71
I'm surprised John's isn't doing better. It's generally so popular.
Reply 72
well.... TRINITY is the right answer
Full name: The COLLEGE OF THE HOLY AND UNDIVIDED TRINITY...
we've got God, Jesus and the Sacred Spirit with us....

Trinity is the largest and richest of the colleges in Cambridge, and is now a home to around 600 undergraduates, 300 graduates, and over 160 Fellows -- explains it all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_College,_Cambridge
Reply 73
d750

popular with applicants yes. but it has an unfortunate reputation, so amongst the non-johnians, it's not a favoured college
priya
popular with applicants yes. but it has an unfortunate reputation, so amongst the non-johnians, it's not a favoured college

I think he was being ironic :biggrin:
Reply 75
d750

St. John's is usually popular with applicants but not people from other colleges... cause most people believe (believe means an opinion)... there is a lot of rahs inside... so John's is basically RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH... :secruity:
girtonmedic#1
so many ppl sayin jesus is the best, yet there are hardly any votes for it... is it cos the jesus people are just louder than the rest? :hmmmm:

YES!!!

:biggrin:

I'm not even a christian... so who was jesus??? :confused:
Alaric
I'd presume he's partially funding it, he paid for less than half of our new lab and still got it named after himself...

A.

noooooo!!! microscoff has invaded cam too!!! I don't think Mr.Gates will be very happy with my 4 operating systems courtesy of him...

Widows 2000 Corporate Edition
Widows Millenium Edition Special Server
Widows XP Build 2800
Widows Server 2004..

(i said widows so I can't be held libel.)
oops :redface:
I have a friend in Jesus :biggrin:

And if you aren't already you are going to get SO sick of that joke :biggrin:
Reply 79
i refuse to vote. they have forgotten to list the ACTUAL best college as an option :-p

and no helenia, i don't mean Clare

Latest

Trending

Trending