The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm doing maths - but no idea where yet - chosing between Warwick, Durham, UEA or Exeter <--prob insurance, I'm hoping to do lots of computing modules - maybe even swapping to do a joint degree but I'm gonna see how it goes! Offers as below...
Am doing maths!!!!!!
Reply 22
MRLX69

Manchester:
Offer: ABC (lowered) (or BBC but with other stuff)
They're offering me £1000 per A I get!! If I get 3 A's, I'll be £3000 richer! :biggrin:

wat a bribe:smile:... i'd not mind that; wish other unis did it:smile:

finally decided my unis:

Oxford (AA): firm
Imperial(AB): insurance
Reply 23
Course:- Mmath Mathematics
University:- Durham (St. Chad's College)
2005 entry, unconditional as I am on a gap year (Year in Industry placement)
Reply 24
Sooz
Course:- Mmath Mathematics
University:- Durham (St. Chad's College)
2005 entry, unconditional as I am on a gap year (Year in Industry placement)

ooo St Chads...i got an offer for the same subject for maths. Was going to visti it, but teachers strongy advised me to ut imperial for insurance,

PK
Reply 25
Phil23
ooo St Chads...i got an offer for the same subject for maths. Was going to visti it, but teachers strongy advised me to ut imperial for insurance,

PK

I was deciding between there and Warwick and I know Warwick has a much better reputation for Maths but I just loved Durham when I went on the open day.
Reply 26
Sooz
I was deciding between there and Warwick and I know Warwick has a much better reputation for Maths but I just loved Durham when I went on the open day.

I'm making a similar decision as I have to choose between Warwick, Durham and Bristol.
I'm visiting Durham on Monday/Tuesday so hopefully that help me decide either way.
Sooz

I've been having difficulty trying to choose between Warwick and Durham (Van Mildert) as my firm choice...it's the durham open day next week so I will finalise my decision then :smile: x
Reply 28
Hope you both find the open day useful then. Different people want different things from their university but Durham had everything I wanted, especially the college structure and it the university being around the town rather than the campus university that Warwick is (didn't actually get round to visiting Coventry to see what that was like, but I prefer smaller places). Maybe see you next year at Durham!
Reply 29
I'm doing maths with computer science at Edinburgh Uni. I need ABC with the A in Maths.
Reply 30
undercover-ange
I've been having difficulty trying to choose between Warwick and Durham as my firm choice...

I was choosing between those two too - but I've now decided on Warwick. Durham wasa lovely place, but the maths course was NOTHING compared to Warwicks, plus Durham doesn't feel very studenty - more touristy, whereas Warwick campus is great!
*FiL
I was choosing between those two too - but I've now decided on Warwick. Durham wasa lovely place, but the maths course was NOTHING compared to Warwicks, plus Durham doesn't feel very studenty - more touristy, whereas Warwick campus is great!

Ooh I've just done the opposite and accepted durham! I really like the place and that's important to me...although I like the course too :smile: good luck at warwick! xxxx
Reply 32
Firm - Bath - MMath with 3rd year in North America - AAA, but im guna change it to AABa (A in maths and a in AS fmaths)
Insurance - St Andrews - MMath - ABB (A in maths)

I had a gud think about durham but basically the year in North America sound soo good.
Reply 33
Course: MSci Maths (G103)
University: Imperial College
Offer: A Maths, A Further Maths, B Chemistry.

My Insurance being a 3 year BSci Maths at Newcastle, offer ABC.
Reply 34
r_perry
Firm - Bath - MMath with 3rd year in North America - AAA, but im guna change it to AABa (A in maths and a in AS fmaths)
Insurance - St Andrews - MMath - ABB (A in maths)

I had a gud think about durham but basically the year in North America sound soo good.

Third Year in North America? Only if you get good grades.
Reply 35
Bigcnee
Third Year in North America? Only if you get good grades.

Yeah i know, just gota make sure I get 60% in year 1. Then if possible id love to go to simon fraser university, VANCOUVER. Amazin
Reply 36
r_perry
Yeah i know, just gota make sure I get 60% in year 1. Then if possible id love to go to simon fraser university, VANCOUVER. Amazin

I know someone who got 80%+ ave after the first year, but couldn't go to Simon Fraser as one person had got more than him.
Not trying to put you off, but just making you aware that competition for North American study years was severe this year.
Reply 37
Bigcnee
I know someone who got 80%+ ave after the first year, but couldn't go to Simon Fraser as one person had got more than him.
Not trying to put you off, but just making you aware that competition for North American study years was severe this year.

But surely if you've applied for the actual year abroad course, you should get a place somewhere. I hope not europe because I can't do any languages
Reply 38
Course:- Msci/ Maths/Econ but will probebly change to Maths of Maths with theoretical physics
University: UCL
Offer: French grades :redface:

Insurance
Warwick
Maths and Econ, but will probebly change aswell to Maths, or Maths with physics :biggrin:
I just can't really decide myself :eek:
Reply 39
Course:- Bsci Mathematics with Applied maths
University:- Imperial College London
Offer:- AAB (Maths, Further Maths and Physics respectively)

Latest