The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What makes this thread "official"?
I have got an interview at Manchester!!! Don't know when yet, but I have been promised one. Woo Hoo!! :party:
Bobzilla123
I have got an interview at Manchester!!! Don't know when yet, but I have been promised one. Woo Hoo!! :party:
How are you 'promised' to get an interview and not know the date?
I have been doing work with Manchester University over the last year. This included researching CML, and doing alot of workshops. It was part of an enrichment programme at the University. The rule is simple: work your butt off for a whole year, do an independant research, write a good p.s., and find out if you get an interview before you send your UCAS form off.

Its complicated but hope that helps :-)
I will find out when my interview is after they received my UCAS form!
Is that you Haroon?
yep! How did you know???
fb???
My God...Wasim came up to me today in the library and told me that you got an interview at Manchester and HYMS - then I remembered that you contacted me before Medlink here on TSR - and now I remember who you are! :eek:
omg wat a way to find out who I am lol. Was chattin to wasim the other day. I haven't got an interview at HYMS - i told him i was applyin there. so u have sent your ucas off too then?
Oh right...yeah I've paid it and sent it to my referee, it's just a matter of my form tutor approving it and sending it off for good.

Good luck with your application!
(Congrats on your AS and UKCAT results too!) :smile:
Thanks dude. I send mine off and 10 minutes later got an email of my senior tutor telling me he had sent it off. All a matter of time now aint it?
Holy smokes...interviews ALREADY? I'm so nervous about the applications! Mine is pretty much completed but apparently when I press pay/send it asks me to pay first and I'm applying through my college. I'm scared if I pay, then my UCAS will be sent without my reference. Anyone got a clue what I should do?

Thanks.
magichearts
Holy smokes...interviews ALREADY? I'm so nervous about the applications! Mine is pretty much completed but apparently when I press pay/send it asks me to pay first and I'm applying through my college. I'm scared if I pay, then my UCAS will be sent without my reference. Anyone got a clue what I should do?

Thanks.

If you have already opted to apply through the college then when you do pay/send, your UCAS application goes straight to your referee, who will then attach the reference and send it off.

Hope that clears it up :biggrin:

p.s. i could really use some reps - got nothing at the moment :rolleyes:
Reply 34
Yeah Birmingham do interview pretty early on, my friend had an offer by the end of November
Reply 35
I am jelous (even though I'm not applying to B'ham)...and nervous, very nervous.
Reply 36
Omg... if what they say is real... then how the **** do people get away with saying that it's all sent off at the 15th and everyone is given an even chance?
Reply 37
HeiXin
Omg... if what they say is real... then how the **** do people get away with saying that it's all sent off at the 15th and everyone is given an even chance?

The 15th Is the DEADLINE!!

Its Not The opening of Applications, that's one thing i realised and different Universities have different policies about dealing with Applications.
Birmingham were rapid last year. in fact people had offers by mid-November if I recall correctly.
sent mine today...so excited!! (yes i know WHAT a geek!)