The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I done a BTEC National Dimploma For IT Practioners at college and it was two years. We had to complete both years - we could "fail" a mixmum of one unit per year. If we didn't do one year we would not have got the BTEC.
Reply 2
thegman89
I done a BTEC National Dimploma For IT Practioners at college and it was two years. We had to complete both years - we could "fail" a mixmum of one unit per year. If we didn't do one year we would not have got the BTEC.

oo thats the course im doing :smile:
the thing is i was only going to take it for 1 year then drop it so that cant be done with BTEC's?
Reply 3
Nope not at all - as you won't get enough points to finish the course!

It's quite easy to pass anyway - if you need any help with anything just gimem a shout on here / MSN :smile:
Reply 4
thegman89
Nope not at all - as you won't get enough points to finish the course!

It's quite easy to pass anyway - if you need any help with anything just gimem a shout on here / MSN :smile:

ohhh aww thanx v.much but the thing is my 4th a-level needs to be an AS-level qualification and BTEC is no
for my particular career choice :s-smilie: and i though what im doing now was! :s-smilie: soo if i have to do it for 2 years ..its not going to work ...:frown:
Reply 5
aww thankyou!! i will :smile:
Reply 6
ahhh right :frown: you can drop it - but obvisouly you won't get any certificate or ucas points from it!

best advice is to do what you enjoy - theres no point doing a course in something you hate! I done mine - took a year in work - couldnt find a decent job so have just started uni now and am loving it!
Reply 7
awwwwww thats good ...well good luck in ur education and thanks for your help! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Depends where you go. I'm doing btec national in IT & business and you can drop maximum 3 units aslong as you got the distinctions and merits to make up for it.