The Student Room Group

Came across a problem entering my EU qualifications-advice would be appreciated!

Hi,

So I am entering my qualifications on UCAS...I got a diploma from my secondary school in lithuania and dont know how to put it down on UCAS...Shall I put it down in English (it seems like its got a few different translations) or in my own language, the way it is written on my diploma?

Would really appreciate your comments...have to send out my application for reference today or latest by tomorrow...
Reply 1
I was told to directly translate everything to English (also when it sounds funny, like my subject 'Society Studies').
Reply 2
Zenobia
I was told to directly translate everything to English (also when it sounds funny, like my subject 'Society Studies').

I had it translated officially, with stamps and everything, back home...They translated it to certificate of high education...however, when i google it, it comes up as Basic school leaving certificate...which one should i put then? Also it asks for awarding body to be entered...i left school ages ago and have no idea what this is..In lithuania I dont know if we have those...:smile:
Reply 3
eve_22
I had it translated officially, with stamps and everything, back home...They translated it to certificate of high education...however, when i google it, it comes up as Basic school leaving certificate...which one should i put then? Also it asks for awarding body to be entered...i left school ages ago and have no idea what this is..In lithuania I dont know if we have those...:smile:

Oh? Err I got a whole list of international diplomas to choose from at the UCAS Apply thingie, ordered alphabetically! And mine was in there. I didn't get to write down the name of my qualification myself anyway. Just the subjects and marks (if any). Or am I misunderstanding you now?
Reply 4
Zenobia
Oh? Err I got a whole list of international diplomas to choose from at the UCAS Apply thingie, ordered alphabetically! And mine was in there. I didn't get to write down the name of my qualification myself anyway. Just the subjects and marks (if any). Or am I misunderstanding you now?

My qualification is not on the list :frown: Thats why I have to write it down myself...
Reply 5
eve_22
My qualification is not on the list :frown: Thats why I have to write it down myself...

Oh. Huh, that's strange though.
Also nothing like it at all? My full qualification wasn't on there either (there's a difference here between normal VWO and something called VWO Gymnasium), but I just mentioned that somewhere else.
Reply 6
indeed, mine is also on there, and you're right, not all the countries have such an awarding body, so I leaved mine blank. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending