The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
sheffield and manchester. obviously it depends on personal preference but make sure you dont choose somewhere solely based on the social side of things
Reply 2
also is london unis good or crap compared to others on a social basis?
cheers
Reply 3
imo london has the best social scence - a real good mix BUT it is expensive. my friend friend will graduate with £60,000 of debt approx (at ucl) and only manages to go out about 3x a week if that max. My neighbours nephew at sheffield goes out 3x min but when it comes to clinical years he'll obviously go out a bit less - dont want to smell of booze while seeing patients.
Reply 4
Don't presume that the bigger the city, the better the social side :smile: Some smaller places are very kicking
Only goes out three times a week? I wish :frown:
Reply 6
that was my initial reaction as well. apparently he saved up quite a bit of money (while on a gap year) and has been using those funds for going out as well as grants and the rest of it. some people have no concept of money
Reply 7
Whats Manchester like in terms of going out cost?
Reply 8
ooo so londons good? all ma mates went uni this year and they all moved away from london, i was under the inpression it was expensive n ppl didnt go out as much as places wer like the uni runs the town or cheaper places like manchester or liverpool
bt i liked the idea of stayin in london cos it would mean if i gt sick of living on my own could move back home, and save money that way. bt if the nite life is gd best of both worlds lol
thanks sam
Reply 9
heyy looking to go go uni 2 study medicine next year

but i wana have a good time there too, any places inparticular that have a wicked nightlife?

my ucas is probs gona have,

kings college, ucl, barts and the london, and bristol

any opinions on them, fun unis? stuff to do? cool ppl?

many thanks

sam
Reply 10
At the risk of upsetting SW, I would suggest that you replace 'UCL' with Georges.
Reply 11
st georges a fun uni?
Reply 12
Absolutely.

Now I'm off to work, but what the **** are you doing up at half four in the morning?
Reply 13
loool
2 many nites out = iv turned narcotic, lol
yeah maybe i should try and sleep
av fun at work
Reply 14
sam854
2 many nites out = iv turned narcotic, lol
I really think you should get some sleep.
......you've turned narcotic? wat?
Reply 16
you Mean Nocturnal or are you actually puffing weed and 5 am
Considered Manchester? Fun times and plenty of narcotics there! :smile:
Reply 18
Newcastle, of course.
sam854
iv turned narcotic, lol

Cool. Can I bring you into class and study you for my pharmacology module?

Latest

Trending

Trending