The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You would get 5/5.
DrDomDom
Enlighten me further as to how this is? 4As is good, but people will have better GCSEs, but not be differentiated against.
Well I rang up Leicester about two weeks ago when I was considering it and asked them what scores I would get with my grades. I was told that I would be given 5/5 for the academic criteria and 3/5 for the UCKAT score since my lowest subset score was 540 in VR. They explicitly said that they don't look at the average UKCAT score but take in account of your lowest subset score.

I don't have a clue how they score the academic criteria but I'd imagine the OP would also get 5/5 if I was to get that too.
Reply 3
However, I emailed and they said they don't take into account AS grades.
So what would I get:

GCSE- 2 A* 2 A, 6 B
A Level predictions- AAAA- Im guessing 4/5, but correct me if I'm wrong please.

And that is so mean on the UKCAT, because I have 625 as average and my lowest is 520, so they will give me 3 out of 5, that may make me lose an interview. Grrr..... Do you know if any other universities do it like this?
Reply 5
what would 3A* 6A 2B and a prediction of 2A , B get?
What kind of UKCAT score would i need for an interview?
Reply 6
OMG

i have 6A*'s, 3 and a half A's and half a C at GCSE and am predicted 3A's (B in gen studs lol) so i guess that is a 5/5?

this is good as my lowest UKCAT score is 510:frown: (did badly) so i guess that is 3/5 (as from !MEna's earlyer post)

so combined that is an average of 4/5 so i just need to get average 4/5 from my personal statement and Reference

I think that's right?
Reply 7
GCSE Maths - A
GCSE Dual Science - A*A*
GCSE Geography - A
GCSE Eng Lang/Lit - CC
GNVQ ICT - Distinction (AAAA)

A-levels

A-chem
A-maths
B-biology

UKCAT average 667.5, but lowest score was 560 so i take it i will get 3 for my UKCAT score. What about my academics?
Reply 8
I did ring them and the encouraged me apply as i have my A-levels in hand with the A in chem. Didn't ask about the scoring though as i just found out a week ago lol. If i get a 3 then that means i need a 5 in both PS and reference. Damn! I jus hope they give me a 4 due to extenuating circumstances at gcse.
Reply 9
OK, lots of people have mentioned about academic scores for school leavers but does anyone know how graduate's academia is scored - do you still get scored out of 5 for each section? I can't see how anyone would get less than a 4 or 5 as all you need is a 1st/2:1 classification and they don't consider previous grades in A levels/GCSEs etc. Also, what would 600 (lowest ukcat sub section score) get, I have seen a few threads that say you would get a '4' for 600+ and other which have said a '4' if you score above 600! One last question, which I doubt anyone will know but hey I'll ask it anyway - how do they score your personal statement and reference - do you reckon they mark it on buzz words or soemthing like that?! Any help regarding these matters much appreciated, cheers
Reply 10
For grads work experience will be key to earn some of those browny (academic) points.
Reply 11
How is the reference and personal statement marked?
Gangsta Boogie
So what would I get:

GCSE- 2 A* 2 A, 6 B
A Level predictions- AAAA- Im guessing 4/5, but correct me if I'm wrong please.

And that is so mean on the UKCAT, because I have 625 as average and my lowest is 520, so they will give me 3 out of 5, that may make me lose an interview. Grrr..... Do you know if any other universities do it like this?

Do my acadaemia get me 4/5 or 3/5?
Probs enough for an interview.
Reply 14
i think mine are a 3/5 and my UKCAT is also 3/5
Reply 15
AAABBBBBBBB ---> 2/5

Lowest UKCAT score 510 -----> 3/5

5/10. Thats appalling :s-smilie:

How do they score the reference?
Reply 16
modini
AAABBBBBBBB ---> 2/5

Lowest UKCAT score 510 -----> 3/5

5/10. Thats appalling :s-smilie:

How do they score the reference?

how are you scoring this?
Would you mind scoring mine? :biggrin: it's on an above post.
I really dont know where to begin.. :eek:
hey guys i went to the open day yesterday and 4 sections are scored out of 5. its soo annoyingthough becuase i have AAA already but only 2As* so i only get 4/5 dammit. i just know my lowest score will be in the 500's for the ukcat so that gives 3/5, in total assuming i get 15/20, do you think that will be enough for an interview? i know they boundary is 16, but any hope??
DrDomDom
GB - personally, I dont think you'd get a 4, unless they take into account the ASs which I dont think they do.

I thought they rank your academic abilities on GCSE and A level predictions? So wouldnt it be unfair if they did when they say they dont?
Reply 19
lil_dreamer90
hey guys i went to the open day yesterday and 4 sections are scored out of 5. its soo annoyingthough becuase i have AAA already but only 2As* so i only get 4/5 dammit. i just know my lowest score will be in the 500's for the ukcat so that gives 3/5, in total assuming i get 15/20, do you think that will be enough for an interview? i know they boundary is 16, but any hope??

Hey i only i have 2A* (dual science) and i have AAB at A-level with A in chem. Would that be a 4 ?

Latest

Trending

Trending