The Student Room Group
Reply 1
on UCL: it's very unlikely. they routinely reject very strong applicants with AAA predictions before interview - they only actually interview the top 3rd of their applicants, i think, and without an AAA prediction (unless you have extenuating circumstances) you probably won't be in that top 3rd. sorry.
On King's: they only interview those that they consider to be 'borderline candidates'. I happened to be one of these (probably due to my GCSE grades) -- the interview consisted of a short oral prac. crit. of a poem that they'd given me a few minutes beforehand, followed by some more general stuff re: my personal statement & extra-curricular reading. I completely failed & wasn't given an offer, but it was fun.

Oh, & although my grades weren't astonishing overall, I did get a UCL interview too, though didn't go in the end. As tigrrmilk said, you might not have much luck with ABB -- if you think you're going to get AAA/AAB in the end, though, couldn't you persuade your teachers to bump it up a bit?
Reply 3
Yea,teachers should really do the bumping up.My Irish teacher is a pro at this.UCL personally call him up to complain:biggrin:
Reply 4
I'll try getting the grades bumped up, if I do well over the next few weeks who knows.

Ahh well, cheers for the help anyway :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending