The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Cant get on any of my email accounts?

Hmm, this has just started happening, I cant load any of my email inboxes - hotmail, googlemail (gmail) or yahoo. This is what comes up -

Proxy Server Refused Connection

The connection was refused when attempting to contact the proxy server you have configured. Please check your proxy settings and try again.

The browser is configured to use a proxy server, but the proxy refused a connection.
* Is the browser's proxy configuration correct? Check the settings and try again.
* Does the proxy service allow connections from this network?
* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

*sadface* I kinda need to be able to get to my emails... Any suggestions as to what might have happened?
Reply 1
Are you using FoxyProxy? I found that that worked for the first few days, but this morning I had to ditch it and just use Firefox's default proxy stuff.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
It's doing the same for me. Can't log into Facebook, Gmail and a few others. Just using firefox, no foxyproxy or owt.
Folks,

It appears that one of the webcaches has died yesterday morning at 4am, it came back quite a bit later.

Apologies, it's not my teams service, but meh, it's "ours" as a whole.

M2.
Wow.. would explain it!

M2, I have another question regarding some of the games I play. I play games from a company called Outspark, and they use a protection programme called x-trap. Now every time I try to load the games, there's an error with x-trap that I've never experienced before and it shuts my games down which is really starting to bug me because I lovez these games. I was wondering if it's been blocked/can be unblocked/whether you know what the problem might be. I can try and get more details if needed, but being a bit of a computer noob, it's not all that easy :frown:.

Cheers in advance!

Latest

Trending

Trending