Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Google Chrome not playing videos!

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why won't Google Chrome play windows media player videos, you hit the play button and it just stays a black screen.

Same with the music player thingy on MySpace, stuff like that, it doesn't play that either. It seems alright with all other type videos though.

Anyone else got this problem?

How do I solve it? I can't be bothered to switch browser everytime it happens.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My answer:

Use Firefox
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Plugins?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    Plugins?
    Chrome doesn't need plugins for video. It should just work.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Plugins?
    I hate firefox...

Where can I find Plugins for it? It isn't as simple as other browsers I don't have a clue what I should be downloading or whatever.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a few problems with Chrome too. Websites coming back as Null even though they work in IE and such. I think there are still a lot of issues to be ironed out yet.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.rumblevids.com/showvideo.php?id=101

Could someone try that video see if it works on there google chrome? I clock play and it flashes for a second to "connecting to media" then returns to the play button and that's it. No matter how long I leave it, it doesn't work.

Sorry there isn't a normal video example, it's jut the one that pissed me off.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's beta software. Use firefox; you don't really hate it.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    At first Google Chrome played videos, altho it played them badly; very laggy, stuttery, would almost always crash bars: now, it refuses to allow flash player even tho I have installed and reinstalled the latest version.

And no, your video doesn't work for me either.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbilling)
    It's beta software. Use firefox; you don't really hate it.
    :love:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, I prefer Safari rather than Firefox so I'll switch between Google Chrome and Safari.

Firefox is absolute garbage, I hate it, it's so chunky but tacky and ugly. Annoys me just looking at it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    Ah well, I prefer Safari rather than Firefox so I'll switch between Google Chrome and Safari.

Firefox is absolute garbage, I hate it, it's so chunky but tacky and ugly. Annoys me just looking at it.
    Then change the way it looks :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    chrome is still a beta
    admittedly it is still a great browser but using it for a while it becomes quite clear why
    there are numerous problems i have with it, namely the videos one you mention but also a lot of null pages when they arent, mainly when you paste a direct link from msn or such
    also you can only have one incognito window, and although it is fast and lean, its lack of functionality lets it down big time
    in comparison with the help you can get and the plugins you can get for FF3 its pretty shoddy, atm if something doesnt work on chrome then youre screwed whereas on FF you just need to find a plugin to make it work.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Then change the way it looks :rolleyes:
    Skins don't change much, I've went through tones and you can still tell it's firefox...I hate it, shut up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    http://www.rumblevids.com/showvideo.php?id=101

Could someone try that video see if it works on there google chrome? I clock play and it flashes for a second to "connecting to media" then returns to the play button and that's it. No matter how long I leave it, it doesn't work.

Sorry there isn't a normal video example, it's jut the one that pissed me off.
    Doesn't work on Chrome for me, either.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't you just use firefox for watching videos, and the rest of the browsing, you use chrome? By the way, i have the same problem with chrome.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 12, 2010
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.