The Student Room Group
well get the student one that gives 30% off, simple really? you can get it applied to a PAYG oyster card so you have 30% off fares
arisk01
well get the student one that gives 30% off, simple really? you can get it applied to a PAYG oyster card so you have 30% off fares

This is not true. You don't get 30% of your fares, you get 30% off travel tickets (week/month). So simply, if you're not going to be buying tickets like that, you have no need for a student Oyster card.
Spotty Dog
This is not true. You don't get 30% of your fares, you get 30% off travel tickets (week/month). So simply, if you're not going to be buying tickets like that, you have no need for a student Oyster card.

sorry I was reffering to day travelcards as that is the most sensible to buy....
Reply 4
so the best is to get a normal day travelcard then (how much is that?) or payg is still a good option?
I would suggest that you get the 18+ Oyster card, at least you have it if you need it.
Also, the 18+ can act as a PAYG card as well.
just think about the prices... zone 1-2 student ticket for a month = 65 pounds give or take
zone 1-2 travel, 2 trips every day = (5*2*2)+(2*2*1.5) = 26 per week => 104 per month

But since you don't travel 2 on the tube every day, walk to uni for example, go with the PAYG.

Also taking two bus trips a day = cheaper than monthly travelcard.

Yeah, PAYG it is..
Reply 7
Unless you do lots and lots of travelling (especially on the tube) then you're better off with the normal PAYG one. I am using the bus around twice a day at the moment, and PAYG is fine for me :yes:
Reply 8
RJA
Unless you do lots and lots of travelling (especially on the tube) then you're better off with the normal PAYG one. I am using the bus around twice a day at the moment, and PAYG is fine for me :yes:

so u are payin' 1,80 £ per day or am wrong?
Reply 9
Yeah. £1.80 a day...
guys how do I know how much money I've on my oyster pay as u go?
Reply 11
Whenever you scan your Oyster on the tube or bus, there is a little screen next to the scanner that tells you how much you've got. Otherwise, you can check on the top up machines, or with your online account if you have one.

Latest

Trending

Trending