b)Every uni that doesn't need UKCAT (excluding oxbridge) :
Birmingham
Bristol
Imperial (BMAT)
Liverpool
UCL (BMAT)

:smile:
Reply 2
liverpool, birmingham and bristol dont require any extra tests.

have you done any work experience as this is a crucial part of the application!!
Reply 3
yes i have, but can i register UKCAT as late entry or sth?
Reply 4
BMAT registrations closed on the 31st but you can still register as later (but it's double the £ :frown: )

As for the UKCAT deadline I've seen threads like http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=691317
So I think your best bet is to ring up UKCAT?
Reply 5
would they accept a late entry on monday u think?
Reply 6
I doubt it - they were v strict last year IIRC... The deadline was on the 26th - over a week ago. You might have had a slim chance on Monday, but I think you'ld be v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v (ad infinitum) lucky if they registered you...

If medicine means that much, apply next year... Plan a fantastic gap, and providing you get your grades, you'll be as close to a cert for a place as anyone can be.
Reply 7
:s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :mad: :mad: :mad: :frown: :frown: :frown:
im still gna try
A friend was too ill to do his UKCAT, it was on the 1st of Oct, don't know how but he's managed to get one booked in ... LONDON! :redface: He's traveling from Wakefield to do it, but I'm certain he's got one at short notice... you'd have to contact Pearson Vue perhaps.
Reply 9
cchilstonev1
A friend was too ill to do his UKCAT, it was on the 1st of Oct, don't know how but he's managed to get one booked in ... LONDON! :redface: He's traveling from Wakefield to do it, but I'm certain he's got one at short notice... you'd have to contact Pearson Vue perhaps.

We're not talking about getting a test date - we're talking about actually registering to sit...
Reply 10
you may be too late to register, so i'd take up fluffy's suggestion and take a gap year. get some more work experience, have a long-term job, etc. if you don't mind me asking, what were you planning on doing before?
Reply 11
lotusx
you may be too late to register, so i'd take up fluffy's suggestion and take a gap year. get some more work experience, have a long-term job, etc. if you don't mind me asking, what were you planning on doing before?

aerospace engineering. I still am considering it, there's a 50% chance I'll do aerospace engineering, but ever since i came up with the decision, people around me have been saying that i wouldn't find a job in the aerospace industry cuz of the fact that im not a european national, i ddnt think it was true and i e-mailed some career advisors, they said i could but when i looked on websites of some companies like the european space agency, it said they only take european nationals...so i rele dnt want to do the degree and then end up unemployed... i was however considering medicine be4 engineering, so i put it as a choice...thoughts?
Reply 12
If you have good grades(AS/predicted A levels and GCSE) do a late registration for BMAT and apply to four unis from UCL, imperial, bristol, liverpool, birmingham(7a* gcse)
Reply 13
To be honest medicine is not something you choose to do cos you don't know what else to do.

Latest