The Student Room Group

how many hours of independent study do you do for each A-level subject per week?

Scroll to see replies

kayscout
These threads always make me feel guilty. I look over my notes and do the homework, that's it.

If you understand it, then theres no need to do extra work, apart from look back over the previous work every now and then :smile:.
Reply 81
kayscout
These threads always make me feel guilty. I look over my notes and do the homework, that's it.

I only do homework, feel less guilty!
Last year, however long it took to complete each homework. This year it's a little more because I have to self-teach Further Maths. I plan to usually do about 3 - 4 hours worth of further maths per week, adding homework on top of that... between 5 - 6 hours I would say. Not a great deal...
kayscout

Same here :o: I estimate I do about 5-7 hours total across all 4 subjects over the course of a week.
None...
Reply 85
None.. I do my homework and that's it.
Reply 86
yikes :s
Reply 87
Maths - about 3/4
Further Maths - 2
Physics - like, 1
Spanish - 1/2

Apparently you're supposed to do 5 per subject?! Last year I did less than this until April, worked really hard till exams and did pretty well.
I only did whatever homework I had, but when it came close to exams it was whatever I needed to do to feel confident about it, even then it wasn't a huge amount of hours put into it

I remember being told we were supposed to do 5 for each subject at the beginning of year 12, but I don't think anyone really did that....well no one I know anyways
About 5 hours a nightish and all of sunday so 30+.
Reply 90
Wow.. I do like, none, except for my homework :/
Reply 91
I listen in lessons and try to do my homework thoroughly. So probably about 20 hours a week, which is what is recommended by our school. I live.
5-8 hours per subject roughly.
Do my homework. Our school tries to say 3 hours a night...15 hours a week? yeah right
Reply 94
Wow some of you guys are mad :P..

Ermm.. About an hour or two per week per subject outside of school? On average over the year I'd say.. Not at the moment as have Computing and Chemistry projects going on, which prolly puts it up to about 3-4 hours a week for them 2..

Maths is on the higher end.. About 2 hours a week maybe..
I do all of my homework and apart from that I probably spend about 6 hours a week going over things, which isn't that much really.
Two hours a day after school doing homework and re-writing my notes (so they look pretty lol)
Reply 97
:yep: 40 hrs a week:cool:

theres nothing good on tv lool

....you guys spend too much talking air.

please stop talking about such vocational nonsense and just get over with it.

:shifty:
Reply 98
Me?

I worked out 20 extra-curricular hours of work last week.
It depends on the subject, I do about one hour a week for Maths and only do more if there's something I don't understand. Probably spend about an hour a day on my other subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest