The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Someone who does Further Maths in my Maths class seems to really struggle with C1. She got an A* at GCSE.
thanks for the advice bubba.ok and to SouthernFreerider this is the most discouraged advice i have ever be given!!
Maths may not be my best subject but i'm not given up yet!! and i was 2 marks away from an A just so u know.
i just needed to know is there anything apart from notes to improve myself in maths?
Reply 42
www.artofproblemsolving.com It's amazing.

Do ten minutes of math everyday- I was in the lowest set for maths in yr 10; now I'm applying to oxford to study it (I haven't got in so far but you see my point). Stick at it- maths is beautiful.
Anyone at all willing to share livemaths account...please...pretty please!!
An update for you: I got a B in C1 and C in S1, which was really disappointing but it was down to timing for me in all honesty. I didn't find the papers hard but just ****** up timing so bad. Anyway, I'm retaking them both in May/June, but definitely dropping Maths.

I know this was discussed before, but is anyone interested in splitting the cost of a livemaths.co.uk account? The cost is £60 for a 3 months subscription, so even if 2 other people were willing to split it with me, it would be a huge saving! PM me if interested - obviously it would have to be a trust thing, one of us would have to be sent the money to pay, but that can be sorted out later..
Original post by Darkest Knight
Hoping for some advice here - I'm finding C1 Maths incredibly difficult, and it is certainly too late to change!

Every topic that comes up (and apparently the ones we've done over these past few weeks are just the easy ones) I understand the basic things taught in class, but when it comes to homework, and they change the questions around, and get more advanced, I just don't know what to do!

I really can't afford a private tutor, and not sure what to do now?

Any advice?

Thankyou :frown:

Don't listen to these ****ing dip****s, the people who say 'drop it' are failures in life. Don't give up, Maths is probably the hardest A level. Just sit down, open the book and work your way through it. Try exam questions then if you get stuck or want to check answers etc. post your question here. The textbooks ARE harder than general exam questions.

Lmao 'drop AS Maths' **** you stupid ****ing **** holes that say that.
Inbred pieces of ****.

Latest