The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL scarf..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
rockrunride
Answer the question though. Am I being pretentious by wearing a UCL hoodie/scarf in public, other than to jokily cavort around the house in it?

Well erm... yeah
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Yes. Nobody wears UCL stuff apart from American exchange students and people who haven't bought new clothes since their first year (when they came down from the home counties squarer than an equal-sided rectangle).
Reply 22
So much debate over a simple article of clothing....
Reply 23
Tu_Quoque
So much debate over a simple article of clothing....

I know. Further to the point, I actually saw someone wearing said article today! :woo:
Reply 24
You can get UCL scarves at http://www.smartturnout.co.uk/acatalog/info_UCL_20.html

BTW University scarves are also owned by old guys who keep them in dark cupboards, seldom to see the light of day, where they give them a connection with a time in their lives that they now idealise hopelessly (rather sad really).

John F
Reply 25
rockrunride
I know. Further to the point, I actually saw someone wearing said article today! :woo:

Did he have long hair??? If so...that was me!!!! I managed to acquire one the weekend prior to your post...
Reply 26
John F

BTW University scarves are also owned by old guys who keep them in dark cupboards, seldom to see the light of day, where they give them a connection with a time in their lives that they now idealise hopelessly (rather sad really).

I'm old (39), but as I'm currently at UCL I figure your statement doesn't apply to me...yet :o:
Reply 27
John F
You can get UCL scarves at http://www.smartturnout.co.uk/acatalog/info_UCL_20.html

John F

What the hell? 49 GBP for a scarf!?
Original post by a_t
Yeh... When I see people wearing uni hoodies, even UCL ones, violent urges threaten to overtake me

Don't be so pretentious

Aww did the good unis reject you?
Come now, you've got some creepy ass red rodent as your display picture.
Reply 29
Original post by 4 I Murder Carrots Fun
Aww did the good unis reject you?
Come now, you've got some creepy ass red rodent as your display picture.

lol, I graduated from UCL this summer you fool and got into KCL, LSE, Nottingham and Warwick, all of which most people would count as "good unis"
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by a_t
lol, I graduated from UCL this summer you fool and got into KCL, LSE, Nottingham and Warwick, all of which most people would count as "good unis"

You still have a creepy ass red rodent as your display picture, this you can't deny.
Reply 31
You still have a creepy ass red rodent as your display picture, this you can't deny.

The character of Knuckles, as in Sonic and Knuckles, is actually an Echidna, and an Echidna is not a rodent it is a monotreme since it lays eggs, so this I will deny

And he's not creepy, he's more of a tough guy

Knuckles is not amused

I cannot deny he is red however as this would be a fallacy
Reply 32

You obviously had a sheltered childhood if you don't know about Knuckles...
Original post by a_t
Well when your motivation is to, direct quote "show off", it is rather pretentious, thats not pride, its arrogance

What a perfect and modest world we live in. :h:
Original post by a_t
The character of Knuckles, as in Sonic and Knuckles, is actually an Echidna, and an Echidna is not a rodent it is a monotreme since it lays eggs, so this I will deny

And he's not creepy, he's more of a tough guy

Knuckles is not amused

I cannot deny he is red however as this would be a fallacy

He has four penis heads, which makes him fairly creepy...
Reply 35
Urgh, thanks to whoever brought this thread back up; just for the record, I wore my UCL hoodie about twice in first year :sigh:

And I can't believe I argued with the great a_t as well :lolwut:
Reply 36
Original post by a_t

lol you applied to and got into the exact same unis as me! :eek:e
Reply 38
Original post by rockrunride
Urgh, thanks to whoever brought this thread back up; just for the record, I wore my UCL hoodie about twice in first year :sigh:

I wear my UCL hoodie all the time; it's so warm :h:

Do you think it's a bad idea to wear it out then? :sigh:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 39
He has four penis heads, which makes him fairly creepy...

If you think that's a penis I seriously worry about you

Original post by rockrunride

There's nothing great about Law graduates who can't find work outside of volunteering at the Citizens Advice Bureau tbh >_<

Original post by ncsjohn02
lol you applied to and got into the exact same unis as me! :eek:e

When I did UCAS we applied to 6 uni's I applied to Oxford too, obviously got rejected

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending