The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is Stryer supposed to be the bible of Biochemistry? A *tad* too complicated for me, but I sound clever when I mention random long words during biology and chemistry lessons. Then I get beaten up after class :frown:
Reply 21
endeavour
Is Stryer supposed to be the bible of Biochemistry? A *tad* too complicated for me, but I sound clever when I mention random long words during biology and chemistry lessons. Then I get beaten up after class :frown:

Yes - it used to be the recommended text for virtually all degrees with a component of biochem or molecular biology - I don't think it is so much now though, as a lot of the 'ickle biochem grads on my course (from Leeds and Imperial) said that they were told that it went into too much depth!

Pah! Dumming down or what :wink:

If I had to endure the hell of 'refer to Stryer' then so should everyone else :wink: It's character building!
Reply 22
Pah...biochemistry...as if, that shelf is left well alone :biggrin:
Reply 23
Is martini biochemistry? :confused:
Reply 24
Bilal786
Is martini biochemistry? :confused:

No - anatomy and physiology.
Reply 25
:frown: I've sunk to new depths....I've taken a camera phone photo of stryer on my bookshelf to avoid learning neuroanatomy :bawling: *kill me now*
Reply 26
timeofyourlife
:frown: I've sunk to new depths....I've taken a camera phone photo of stryer on my bookshelf to avoid learning neuroanatomy :bawling: *kill me now*

You have Bear, Connors and Paradiso :biggrin:
Reply 27
timeofyourlife

*procrastination* how many books do you have adorning your shelf?
Reply 28
Elles
*procrastination* how many books do you have adorning your shelf?

:eek: I have 27 :eek: Thats madness!
Daveo

How many do you use regularly?
Reply 30
Fluffy
No - anatomy and physiology.

Ah OK. I just remember borrowing it from my brother but can't remember what for. :rolleyes:
Reply 31
Daveo

you beat me.. just. 23 on shelf, 2 on desk.

ah-hah..unless i include my random free books i acquired from summer job/signing up to the MDU etc. & our allmighty tome on exam regulations! :p:
Reply 32
endeavour
How many do you use regularly?

About 2 :biggrin:
nah, it varies, this semester i'm probably using bits from 10 - 12 different books, with the use of others in the library.
Wow..do you buy all those books, or borrow from library? Must cost a lot, and do they last you the whole 5 years?
Reply 34
I can beat you :eek: I have at least 30 on my bookshelf and 10 in my draws :eek:
Reply 35
I'll join you in the sad stakes :wink:

well I was going to but I can't get an image small enough to post :rolleyes:
timeofyourlife
I can beat you :eek: I have at least 30 on my bookshelf and 10 in my draws :eek:

No way!! How do you get round to reading them...
Reply 37
timeofyourlife

I've got maybe another 5 or 6 library books lying around my room and another couple of my books on the floor. But it looks like you beat me.
Reply 38
timeofyourlife

I have a fair few more, but I am on degree number 3 :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 39
endeavour
No way!! How do you get round to reading them...

I use them as reference when necessary. And I do own all the crash course books for the sciences and systems I've done so far. (unfortunately they don't go into good enough detail otherwise I'd just buy them :frown: ) I dread to think how much we've all spent on books.

Latest

Trending

Trending