Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Florence

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever taken a gap year in Florence, Italy (or known of someone who has)? I've very recently been given the opportunity of work in Florence so I've just decided to go for it and I'm heading out at the beginning of November, hopefully until June/July. I've been to Florence once while interrailing and loved it there. I know absolutely no Italian.. will it be very hard picking it up if I'm spending a lot of time with locals? Or should I take a language course in my spare time? Also is social life good? I'd love to hear of peoples experiences even if its from other places in Italy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    id be pretty bored spendin a long time in florence. i guess it depends what youll be doing on that gap year but you probably will need to know italian
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'm working on a horse-riding holiday centre thats about 20mins outside of florence.. i think (and hope!) that this will keep me from being bored as i'm a keen rider. i was told that the majority of staff and clients at the centre speak english so i'm hoping language won't be a massive barrier, but of course i will organise a course in my spare time to learn some basic italian. I certainly hope I enjoy it anyway...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah florence is nice but its very kinda historic. im sure they would tell you if you had to know italian anyway

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 9, 2008
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.