University of York
York
Reply 2
Darkad1
Yea, i'm in a twin room in Derwent.

Ditto

Do you think we at least get en-suite?
Reply 3
Hahaha, they actually have twin rooms in this country?
Reply 4
It's common in most Universities. It's slightly better than the situation in other places though. One of my Polish friends who's doing a master had to share with 3 others for her undergraduate degree.
Reply 5
connymb
Ditto

Do you think we at least get en-suite?

I hope so. What room are you in?
punktopia
Hahaha, they actually have twin rooms in this country?

It only happens when the universities have more students then they can accomodate.

The general thinking is that as people drop out more rooms become avaliable so everyone eventually has their own room.
Reply 7
sweetlovinchick2k1
It only happens when the universities have more students then they can accomodate.

The general thinking is that as people drop out more rooms become avaliable so everyone eventually has their own room.

I s'pose it'd be K if I was sharing with a hawt girl.
Reply 8
lol, you won't be sharing with someone of the opposite sex.
Reply 9
Well damn.
Post the rooms you're in, incase I bump into my roommate here, that would save some hassle I suppose.
laser
It's common in most Universities. It's slightly better than the situation in other places though. One of my Polish friends who's doing a master had to share with 3 others for her undergraduate degree.

Yeah, some unis have extensive twin accommodation.

Not sure I'd have liked it, but I have a mate who had to share. He didn't become brilliant friends with his room mate, but they got on fine and I think didn't mind one little bit that they were sharing.

It's what ever you make of it I think. And at York it sounds like it may only be temporary if you have a little bit of luck!
Reply 11
Darkad1
I hope so. What room are you in?

108, you?
Reply 12
B305.
Has your evision updated? Have you got a letter? I haven't got nothing yet, just the phonecall telling me I was in Derwent.
Reply 13
WARNING: RANT -

Nothing on evision, no letter. Grrr I’m so frustrated with their incompetence. I mean for God sake how difficult is it to match the number confirmed first year students to the number of available, on-campus single accommodation. I’d understand if too many people made their offers and York underestimated our ability of hitting the grades we needed, but I’ve heard they’ve been very lenient with letting people in who didn’t get the grades...saying this is very harsh but I bet those people have single accommodation. I called up yesterday to try and find out how they allocate accommodation – no one could give me a straight answer ofc, but they did tell me that only 2% of campus accommodation is twin or shared...hows that for bad luck. Saying that, I really feel sorry for the people who didn’t even get a room on campus.

They’ve had since the 14th of August to sort accommodation out and we only find out we’re in twin rooms a week before the start of uni. What the hell are they playing at?

I’ve been fuming over this for a while...I’m glad to get it out of my system :smile:
Reply 14
connymb
WARNING: RANT -

Nothing on evision, no letter. Grrr I’m so frustrated with their incompetence. I mean for God sake how difficult is it to match the number confirmed first year students to the number of available, on-campus single accommodation. I’d understand if too many people made their offers and York underestimated our ability of hitting the grades we needed, but I’ve heard they’ve been very lenient with letting people in who didn’t get the grades...saying this is very harsh but I bet those people have single accommodation. I called up yesterday to try and find out how they allocate accommodation no one could give me a straight answer ofc, but they did tell me that only 2% of campus accommodation is twin or shared...hows that for bad luck. Saying that, I really feel sorry for the people who didn’t even get a room on campus.

They’ve had since the 14th of August to sort accommodation out and we only find out we’re in twin rooms a week before the start of uni. What the hell are they playing at?

I’ve been fuming over this for a while...I’m glad to get it out of my system :smile:

I feel your pain. I am glad i'm in Derwent though, even if it is a twin room.
My biggest annoyance is that I still haven't recieved a letter. Without it, I don't know how much I have to pay and what the situation is with regard. It's very annoying. I did phone and was told I would recieve it soon. I also checked that the move in day is Sunday (incase I haven't recieved the letter by then :shifty: )

Latest