The Student Room Group
Reply 1
jhomie
Not all countries offer SAT/ACT so what do these applicants do?

It is possible to SAT/ACT in the country I live in, but I didn't think I'd apply to US so never did any and now it is too late to even start. Why am I apply then? Too complicated to explain what has come up, but I just am now.

I was just wondering if it is possible to get into US universities without having done any SAT or ACT tests?

It's possible only if you apply to a university that doesn't require SAT or if you live in a country where the SAT is not offered.

It is not too late to start. Many universities take SAT scores from the January test date - So you can take Reasoning in December and subjects in January, or ACT and subject tests both in December, and still have a shot. It's a tight timeline, but it's not "too late to even start".
Reply 3

may i ask what grades you had to get into duke??? i really want to go there
Reply 4
LSEfreak

I doubt my stats would help you much. For one thing, I was an applicant from North Carolina, which helps a bit. More importantly, I applied four years ago, and admissions has changed quite a bit since then (e.g. I didn't take the new 3-section SAT).

The class of 2012 and class of 2011 profiles may help.
LSEfreak

I presume you're a UK applicant - I have a friend who's at Duke now, freshman, and she had SAT scores around 2200+ and many AP courses with grades 5 on most (that would be the equivalent of your A-levels). What faculty/course were you looking at? It's a competitive school to get into, but if you have AAA at A-Levels I'd say you have a fair shot.

I'd also email them to ask what their policy is for British applicants. :smile:
Reply 6
theorangecab
I presume you're a UK applicant - I have a friend who's at Duke now, freshman, and she had SAT scores around 2200+ and many AP courses with grades 5 on most (that would be the equivalent of your A-levels). What faculty/course were you looking at? It's a competitive school to get into, but if you have AAA at A-Levels I'd say you have a fair shot.

I'd also email them to ask what their policy is for British applicants. :smile:

Well my sat scores havnt come out yet. Nextweek. My AS levels are AAAA and prediction is AAAA/B( including maths eco englit bio)

Looking to study finance/ economics.

Latest

Trending

Trending