The Student Room Group

January Re-sits Exam Centres??? Please Help!!!

Hi! :biggrin:
I’m at sixth form at the moment and in the second year of my A-level study
I sat my AS exams last year and am really disappointed with the grades.
I really want to re-sit as many of three of the subjects (which I’m taking to A2) modules as I can
They are:
Biology AQA (Specification B)
Chemistry AQA
Government and Politics Edecxel
I understand that the work load will be huge which is why I wanted to sit them in January
The major problem is that my school doesn’t do January exams which means I’m going to have to find external test centres or schools (which do the same boards in the subjects AND are willing to take on external candidates)
I live in London so I’d need for the places to be within the city
I am really struggling to find any and am stating to panic about getting my application for January exams in on time :frown:
If anyone can please please please help me out I would appreciate it very much!
Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 1
I'm having the same problem in a roundabout way. Studying with ICS so therefore have to find our own test centres, I swear to God I'm going to have a breakdown if I dont find a centre by the end of the day!

http://www.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-PRIVCAND-CENTRES.PDF

(looked for a similar list on Edexcel website but couldn't find one)

I'd say just go through this list until you find one that des your A levels.
Reply 2
This site is helpful
http://www.ool.co.uk/exams/ExamMap.htm
Email Edexcel for advice telling them which subject and your postcode
[email protected]
Reply 3
Am having more or less the same problem. My school isn't letting students sit re-takes in jan. they said u can't enter urself privately. I really want to do a few units in jan to get them out of the way. I can try and register privately with edexcel but don't know if the school will let me sit it at the school :frown:
Reply 4
in Busines sstudies aqa, i got 85/90 A, 118/120 A, and unit 2... 36/90 E!!!!!!!!. I really wanna resit that unit.. turns out i just misinterperated the questions completely. The teachers like hmm dont think u should because it might affect your unit 4 exam, but im like know NO i have to resit it no question, she has to let me ?? if not i could get my parents to talk to the heads e.t.c..??????

Latest