The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Applications 09

Scroll to see replies

Katieloula
I'm house 27 too! Yeah we're both 27, i didnt go on myself til now cause I had work in the day! Looks like youll be my housemate! X

yeah although you're the floor above me!! i blatantly think we should have a house warming party in freshers week :biggrin:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 441
Howells
I'm in Talybont North House Y Flat 10, but I reeally don't want to go there ha :frown: Neverr mind.

I was in house Y 2 years ago (used to hang out with people from flat 10 actually) it was pretty awesome.
CrimsonAngel
yeah although you're the floor above me!! i blatantly think we should have a house warming party in freshers week :biggrin:

Yeah defo :smile: What day are you moving in? I'm going on the Wed x
Katieloula
Yeah defo :smile: What day are you moving in? I'm going on the Wed x

ermm friday i think :smile:....you on facebook? theres a talybont south facebook group so you can find others in our house and in your flat :smile: (and add me :biggrin:)

ahh you already have lol :biggrin:

oh i also wondered..and this is to none first year students...are we allowed mini fridges in our room?? i wanna save time in the morning lol and also keep my chocolate out of the main fridge ^_^
Reply 444
CrimsonAngel

oh i also wondered..and this is to none first year students...are we allowed mini fridges in our room?? i wanna save time in the morning lol and also keep my chocolate out of the main fridge ^_^

You aren't allowed them but I still used one the whole year. Just hide it somewhere when they do a house inspection (they give you notice for when they are coming.) I hid mine in my car but I'm sure there's somewhere else you could hide it if you aren't bringing a car.
CrimsonAngel
ermm friday i think :smile:....you on facebook? theres a talybont south facebook group so you can find others in our house and in your flat :smile: (and add me :biggrin:)

ahh you already have lol :biggrin:

Mini-fridges (except for medical reasons), kettles and other appliances (i.e. anything that heats, cooks or has moving parts) aren't allowed and might trip the fusebox. Obviously, consumer electronics (TVs, Radios, computers, speakers), electric blankets, lights and similar home comforts are fine as long as they're not power sucks.

Like Leigh said, just hide it when they do an inspection, or whenever you report a problem with your room. They won't come in your room at any other time (although they might knock on your door), although theoretically they have the right to visit without giving you any notice. If it's only your room that they're going to visit then you can obviously just put it in a flatmate's room.
Oh my, still waiting to hear from School of Computing to see whether anyone has left the 'unconditionals' list for CompSci. It's not likely anyone will I don't think and I don't really like the thought of Plymouth anymore the course doesn't seem nearly as good as Cardiff's. They mentioned to me on the phone that they could guarantee me a place next year on the course if I deferred, is this the kind of thing they'd actually do? If it is, then I'll probably take a gap year and go in Sept 2010. Although what I'd do in that year I've no idea :tongue:
Ali1331
Oh my, still waiting to hear from School of Computing to see whether anyone has left the 'unconditionals' list for CompSci. It's not likely anyone will I don't think and I don't really like the thought of Plymouth anymore the course doesn't seem nearly as good as Cardiff's. They mentioned to me on the phone that they could guarantee me a place next year on the course if I deferred, is this the kind of thing they'd actually do? If it is, then I'll probably take a gap year and go in Sept 2010. Although what I'd do in that year I've no idea :tongue:

Yeah, that's pretty common, especially if the offer you were given was above the average.
The offer they gave me was ABB. I got ACC, not sure what the average is for computer science, although I guess it shows some kind of determination for the course and uni. if you're willing to wait a year to go there.
Ali1331
The offer they gave me was ABB. I got ACC, not sure what the average is for computer science, although I guess it shows some kind of determination for the course of uni. if you're willing to wait a year to go there.

Trufax. If they tell you that you'll get a deferred offer (which you don't have to apply through UCAS for, they can give it now), then that's pretty much guaranteed.
Reply 450
would they still accept you in the business department if you get ABC even though the conditional offer was ABB?
RightSaidJames
Mini-fridges (except for medical reasons), kettles and other appliances (i.e. anything that heats, cooks or has moving parts) aren't allowed and might trip the fusebox. Obviously, consumer electronics (TVs, Radios, computers, speakers), electric blankets, lights and similar home comforts are fine as long as they're not power sucks.

Like Leigh said, just hide it when they do an inspection, or whenever you report a problem with your room. They won't come in your room at any other time (although they might knock on your door), although theoretically they have the right to visit without giving you any notice. If it's only your room that they're going to visit then you can obviously just put it in a flatmate's room.

ok thankyou!! cos i couldnt find it anywhere about this...they dont actually say you arent allowed anywhere :angry:

how much warning do you get? and do they inspect the whole house in one go or what? i dunno where i could hide it!! gosh i didnt know you werent allowed a kettle..but i can just put that in the kitchen when they inspect....
Finley123
would they still accept you in the business department if you get ABC even though the conditional offer was ABB?

I see you asked this two weeks ago and had no response.
In answer to your question... it depends on how many places they have free; there's a possibility that they will still accept you though, yes.
CrimsonAngel
ok thankyou!! cos i couldnt find it anywhere about this...they dont actually say you arent allowed anywhere :angry:

how much warning do you get? and do they inspect the whole house in one go or what? i dunno where i could hide it!! gosh i didnt know you werent allowed a kettle..but i can just put that in the kitchen when they inspect....

They tell you the week before they do the inspections, but they could come on any day of that week. It'd be during the 9 - 5 period as well. They do tend to do the whole flat in one go, but probably not the whole building.
Original post by JocastaJackal
Well, Court is the kind of deluxe accom, but it costs a lot more, and South is kind of the 'main' one, it's more social and friendly whereas Court isn't really.

Hey there! I know you posted this a few years ago, but I was just wondering if you knew the answer to my question. D'you know what the difference is between TALYBONT COURT (DELUXE) and just the standard TALYBONT COURT?

Reply 455
Original post by alittleteddy
Hey there! I know you posted this a few years ago, but I was just wondering if you knew the answer to my question. D'you know what the difference is between TALYBONT COURT (DELUXE) and just the standard TALYBONT COURT?

Hi, i wondered the same question but i found out that the deluxe one comes with things such as duvet covers and other household items that the normal room may not have and you would have to provide yourself with. it says all the information on the accomodation website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending