The Student Room Group

Academic AS Grades... (URGENT)

Howdy

I am sending my UCAS today but would like to check something.
Basically, I am only retaking (as a module) C2 maths (unit 2) this January. I have filled in my other unit grades in all my subjects such as bio, chem, maths but left the unit 2 maths as 'pending'. Is this correct as the grade isn't final and is likely to change?

More concerning - I took English Language AS last year and got a D. I just got the remark back and it has not changed. I will definitely be retaking this in the summer aiming for a B or higher. As some unis I am applying to (e.g. Bristol - look in sig) require 4 AS subjects, I have put english language in for my GCE's. However, I have put it as pending as I will be retaking - is this right?

I know people argue about whether grades MUST be declared or not but I am retaking and these grades will most probably change anyway so is it necessary? I thought they didn't need your AS grades? I put in the others as they are all As anyway..

Thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 1
you don't have to enter it if you're retaking it.
Reply 2
Noémie

Ok thanks :smile: So, I'll leave it as pending
Reply 3
Noémie

That's not true. It's only if it hasn't been cashed in, then you can enter it as Pending.

Which is a shame for me, because i have to declare all my AS grades (although i will try to not to!)
Reply 4
becky.fm
That's not true. It's only if it hasn't been cashed in, then you can enter it as Pending.

Which is a shame for me, because i have to declare all my AS grades (although i will try to not to!)

What do you mean cashed in? If I am retaking, it shouldn't be cashed in should it?
Reply 5
Danielisew
What do you mean cashed in? If I am retaking, it shouldn't be cashed in should it?

Ok, it's all pretty confusing tbh, and not many people really know what's going on.

But you know when you got your AS results slip, did each subject have a grade next to it? If so, then your grades have been cashed in. Which technically means that you need to declare your grades on UCAS.

But i don't know how the unis would know if they have been cashed in or not, so i think i am just going to leave it blank.

Do you know what date i should put it as though?
Reply 6
becky.fm
Ok, it's all pretty confusing tbh, and not many people really know what's going on.

But you know when you got your AS results slip, did each subject have a grade next to it? If so, then your grades have been cashed in. Which technically means that you need to declare your grades on UCAS.

But i don't know how the unis would know if they have been cashed in or not, so i think i am just going to leave it blank.

so whats the point of predicted grades??
Reply 7
dilburt
so whats the point of predicted grades??

Well i hope it shows the unis what you can achieve, even if you had a bad year. :frown:
Reply 8
becky.fm
Well i hope it shows the unis what you can achieve, even if you had a bad year. :frown:

oh crap! i though unis only see your predicted grades
Reply 9
So if you want, you can leave your unit grades blank, so long as you let them know your overall grade? I don't want to put my Archaeology ones down :x
Reply 10
I don't see why you can't just leave it as blank though, and put the date as 2009. Are they ever going to actually check?
Reply 11
becky.fm

Ok then.. The date you put is June 2009 (when you take your final exams) as I was told by the head of year. It's not clear and isn't going to be really important anyway so just put this date.

At the moment on the 'view all' page, it shows my unit grades in each subject but there is a blank for core unit 2 - it doesn't say pending here. There is also a blank next to English Language, which I will take this summer (I put June 2009), so I assume they will know I am taking it soon..?

Latest

Trending

Trending