The Student Room Group

Ideas for psychology essay

Hi guys i have joined this site and it is great :smile: ..

can anyone help me with some inspiration for an essay i have to do i have a complete brain block. :mad:

Genetic influences appear to contribute significantly to the differences between people in personality. Discuss.

could someone please help me get started as im not to sure what i should include in this and what i shouldnt include. Any help would be welcome, does anyone know any info on this topic??????

thanks alot

susan
Reply 1
You could try and include how you could test this. Remember to include the independant and dependant variables, and make sure they are operationalised.

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Sorry, didn't make sure you knew what Dv and Iv's are. Do you?
Reply 3
Hi brad, I know it's not my topic etc, however I need some help with Dv's and Iv's so I would really appreciate a little bit on it.

Thanks,
Cfc1992.
Reply 4
You could say about how the genetic differences affect appearences and that in turn affect personality - it could be that it involves discrimination or excessive confidence?

Hope this helps, even a tiny bit.

Kitty
Reply 5
hey guys thanks for your help

the DV are the dependant variables and the IV is the independant variable
Reply 6
the iv is the variable that is manipulated by the researcher and the dv is a response that is measured......i think....the iv is a presumed cause the dv is a presumed affect.
Reply 7
cfc1992
Hi brad, I know it's not my topic etc, however I need some help with Dv's and Iv's so I would really appreciate a little bit on it.

Thanks,
Cfc1992.

Indipendant Variables:
This is the variable the researcher changes or manipulates. For example, wether a person reacts to a light or a buzzer.

Dipendant variables:
This is what the researcher measures to see if the IV has an effect. For example, How quickly people press a button

When we talk about operationalising the variables, it simply means clearly defining how you measure the dependant variable. For example, measuring how quickly a person reacts to a light by recording the time it takes to press a button.

Latest

Trending

Trending