The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Detailed Info on Modules/Units/Subjects

Hi everyone

I'm currently studying law in Australia, and am applying to spend a year at KCL. For my application, I need to provide my uni with a list of subject/units that I wish to study, as well as the details of these (e.g. the actual content covered within each unit).

In Australia, we have what's called a handbook which lists details of topics covered, methods of assessment, etc. for each unit/subject. I emailed KCL about this and received a single sentence reply that "(they) do not offer this service" - very disappointing.

The reason I need this is because my uni needs to assess whether the subjects/units/modules I choose at King's are suitably similar in order to be able to credit these towards my degree. Can someone please help me out with this? I've searched everywhere on the website and all I get is a crappy list with unit titles, but nothing else :unsure:

Thanks to anyone that can help :smile:

Jon
Reply 1
There's a detailed list on the undergraduate intranet but you need kcl login details to get on to it.

They may require you to take certain modules anyway ... e.g. I know that exchange students from Germany and Belgium must take contract (with first years) and tort (with second and third years) and may choose two further options.

If you are interested in any particular modules I can pull the info off the intranet for you on those modules, but it would be a bit much to do it for every single one and the first year modules (contract, EU, public and criminal) aren't on there anyway since they are compulsory.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Thankyou so much for your reply, that makes sense as to why I couldn't find it!

For our agreement with your uni, there's no requirements to do certain modules - I'll be studying all my electives there, so the choice is entirely up to me. These are the units I'm interested in... hmm I know there's a fair few here - so if you cbf I totally understand. Could you perhaps grab details for 3 at least for me (if you don't mind), and then perhaps I can see if someone else is nice enough to help me out for the others?

Thanks so much, after the uni reply was so unhelpful, I don't know how else I'd get this info if you weren't so kind

Thanks,

Jon

Commercial Arbitration

Commercial Law

Company Law

Comparative Law

Competition Law

Conflict of Laws

Law & Social Theory

Moral Philosophy

Jurisprudence & Legal Theory

Reply 3
joncgde2
Thankyou so much for your reply, that makes sense as to why I couldn't find it!

For our agreement with your uni, there's no requirements to do certain modules - I'll be studying all my electives there, so the choice is entirely up to me. These are the units I'm interested in... hmm I know there's a fair few here - so if you cbf I totally understand. Could you perhaps grab details for 3 at least for me (if you don't mind), and then perhaps I can see if someone else is nice enough to help me out for the others?

Thanks so much, after the uni reply was so unhelpful, I don't know how else I'd get this info if you weren't so kind

Thanks,

Jon

Commercial Arbitration

Commercial Law

Company Law

Comparative Law

Competition Law

Conflict of Laws

Law & Social Theory

Moral Philosophy

Jurisprudence & Legal Theory

No problem, having been on the website again to check it seems they are all in pdf format, so if you PM me an email address I'll save copies and send them to you.
Reply 4
PM sent :biggrin: Thanks a lot
Reply 5
joncgde2
PM sent :biggrin: Thanks a lot

Sent.

Latest