The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The emotional pain blocks out any pysical pain. How you feel outside is nothing compared to how you feel inside.

I got through the worst and believe anybody can.Still i Cant wait for the day that i can talk about this without being 'anon'
anon2 , no you dont have to stay overnight. You could go home a few minutes after.
Reply 22
Not if you have an early abortion (before I think about 12 weeks) because you go under a general anasthetic like any other operation. Obvs its going to be uncomfortable down there afterwards but nothing serious.
However, if you have one later on (15 ish weeks plus) then you have to have a medically induced miscarriage, and give birth natuarally which would hurt a lot, as well as being traumatic to see the foetus you have aborted.
Happy_Holidays
That is a really awful thing to say. One of my friends was pretty much forced into an abortion and she ended up really screwed up about it.

:ditto: I think it's hard for people to understand when they've never been close to this situation before.

(To clarify, I haven't had an abortion)
Reply 24
I had an abortion last year (i had the vacuum one) and i was in SOOO much pain it was like really really painful cramping which kept coming and going i had it the night after the abortion and then 2 days later...this was because they didnt remove all of the tissue etc and my body was forcing it out causing me to be in pain. it was horrible.
Yes, even when under local anaesthetic, you wake up from it screaming.
SpamBa
as well as being traumatic to see the foetus you have aborted.

They don't show it to you.
i would have thought so, seen a documentary on it showing the mangled fetuses as well :eek: and you they pick it out or vacuum it. Doesn't sound pain free at all
Reply 28
Anonymous
They don't show it to you.

Well obviously not on purpose but if you are giving birth there is a good chance you will see it anyway whether you intend to or not.
SpamBa
Well obviously not on purpose but if you are giving birth there is a good chance you will see it anyway whether you intend to or not.

What are you talking about?! I thought we were talking about an abortion, not giving birth.
You are laying down on a special bed, under anaesthetic. It's not like giving birth. You've been mis-informed!
Reply 30
Anonymous
What are you talking about?! I thought we were talking about an abortion, not giving birth.
You are laying down on a special bed, under anaesthetic. It's not like giving birth. You've been mis-informed!

Most people with later abortions are able to have a caesarean but I have heard of cases where they have insisted on the woman giving birth - this is probably only in overstaffed NHS hospitals however and not private clinics.
I would never send a hate filled reply, I am personally against abortion, however you would have to be extremely hard hearted to send such a reply. Physicaly I don't know if it hurts, however those that I know that have had an abortion talk on the emotional pain rarther then the physical pain, I guess it pales in significant.
Reply 32
It hurts, like a huge period. Youll be dounbled up in bed.
Thats the pill, under 9 weeks and all that.
HURTS!

Cant say for the other one, i know you get bleeding after too and cant use tampons for a bit.
sadie-kiki
who cares if it hurts the mother? I have no time for people who consider it APART FROM in very special circumstances. The thing that we should be worrying about is that it hurts the unborn child :s-smilie:

Oh come on. The mother is the one who has to make the decision whether or not to go ahead with an abortion. Plus she has to go through the abortion herself and has to deal with the pain and the emotional part of it. Its not easy for her. I care if it hurts the mother.

I personally have never had an abortion but I know someone who has and how if affected her.
sadie-kiki
who cares if it hurts the mother?... The thing that we should be worrying about is that it hurts the unborn child :s-smilie:

So you would rather a woman have a baby & him/her to end up like another Baby P because he/she was clearly not wanted?
Ive had an abortion...and It was the worst experience ever. The pain and the bleeding was unbearable. I was about 8 weeks pregnant when I had the medical abortion. After taking the second tablet...I suffered from terrible stabbing pains in my tummy. It felt like my insides were gona just fall out. 2 days after taking the abortion pill I had to be rushed to hospital because I was bleeding too much. It just wouldnt stop...literally. I remember the one night when I stood in my room crying...with the blood just running down my legs. It was horrible. I will never get over it.

I guess that was my punishment for having the abortion. I deserved it.
please dont read if this subject upsets you.

I had an early abortion were i had to take two tablets couple days apart. I think the worst thing (more than the pain) was the feeling of something 'falling' out and the sound of it falling out into the toilet. I had to run to toilet and i just didn't expect it. I completely panicked and kept repeated 'my baby, my baby has fallen from me'. I couldn't breathe out of panick. The amount which comes out is sickening. The pain is the same as being in labour.
Sorry to be a bit gross here, but what do they do with the foetus afterwards? I know for pregnancies that are aborted really early on it can just go down the toilet. But what about when the foetus is 18 weeks or more??? It must be pretty big... but I'm sure they don't just put it in the bin, right?

Do you think they would let you keep it afterwards if you asked?
Vampyrcorn
Sorry to be a bit gross here, but what do they do with the foetus afterwards? I know for pregnancies that are aborted really early on it can just go down the toilet. But what about when the foetus is 18 weeks or more??? It must be pretty big... but I'm sure they don't just put it in the bin, right?

I think if you asked that, they'd probably section you
Vampyrcorn

Why would anyone want to take a dead foetus home with them? :confused:

Latest