The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Full timetable?

Hi,

How does the timetable work at york? I found out how to check my lectures but how about other classes? Will they be on the same time/day weekly/fortnightly or are they more disorganised?

Also when do we get to find out our full timetable? Will it be during freshers week or is there any other way we can check? Im doing Economics btw.

I need to book some train tickets for families birthdays and would like to book as early as possible but need to know when im free!

Reply 1
How do we check our lectures/timetables. Im doing economics too!!
University of York
York
Reply 2
Nabster_88
How do we check our lectures/timetables. Im doing economics too!!

Check out the instruction in this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=14713974. Everything (lectures, seminars, practicals, workshops, etc) with the exception of tutorials will be on the central timetabling server. Your department will give you proper instructions later on in the week.
Reply 3
laser
Check out the instruction in this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=14713974. Everything (lectures, seminars, practicals, workshops, etc) with the exception of tutorials will be on the central timetabling server. Your department will give you proper instructions later on in the week.

ahh. thanks mate.
Reply 4
Hmm timetable is only showing lectures for me? Or at least they are all listed as lectures. During 1st term i only have 3 a week!

Problem is though I dont know when my seminars or tutorials are so cant book the damned tickets just yet.
Reply 5
Tickets? Are you commuting in?
Reply 6
Nope. Basically it appears like i have the friday off which would be great for going home (180miles away!), but obviously cant definatly book a ticket for the friday until im 100% sure I have nothing on that day. And if i do, I need to know what time it finishes so I can book a later train.

Commuting in would cost sooo much $$ surely!
Reply 7
Seminars and tutorials probably won't be given to you until lectures start. I think the economics department doesn't timetable them until week 3.

Latest