The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

What are my chances?

I am now looking for all Universities which offer Physics and Astrophysics courses, Exeter is my favourite. In AS Level (so far)I got 2As (Chemistry and Maths) and 2Bs (Physics and Computing), for GCSEs I got 4As 5Bs and 2Cs, the 2Cs are English language and English Literature. I moved to Wales in 2004 from Hong Kong, my first language is Chinese.

So with these grades do I stand a chance for a place in Physics course? (I'm going for MPhys)
Reply 1
I'd say you stand a good chance with those grades - I had worse at AS and A level and I still got in.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I'd say you stand a very good chance... They don't really look at GCSEs (not to say that yours are bad)... I was told that by two admissions tutors...
Reply 3
Just some information here...

If you apply for MPHYS Physics with Astrophysics, it says that the typical offer is BBB. However when I applied, they sent me an offer of ABB, with the A in Maths or Physics. When I got here, I met two people on the same course whom had different offers. One had AAB, and the other had BBC.

Exeter really offer diverse grades, and I am told that they give you an offer subject to what they think YOU can achieve.

If it makes you feel better, I know people who are on the course with a D in maths (This is the BSC Physics though).

So long as you keep your B in Physics, and get a B (Or maybe even a C :p: ) in maths then I'm pretty sure you stand a very good chance. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending