The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wow you're very prepared!! Is Lancaster going to be your first choice?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Little early for this isn't it? Us 08 freshers have only just got here.
Reply 3
Yey excellent :biggrin:

Nice and prepared - gives you more time to speak to others and stuff.
Hooray for even more freshers!
Reply 5
Name: Alex
Subject: BSc Computer Science and Mathematics
Predicted Grades: AAAAac
Reply 6
Name: Laura
Course: Bsc Geography
Predicted: AAA
:smile: Lancaster is going to be my first choice
Reply 7
Hi.

Cathy
Mathematics / North America - Australasia MSci Hons
Predicted AAAA
Reply 8
loopy6111
Name: Laura
Course: Bsc Geography
Predicted: AAA
:smile: Lancaster is going to be my first choice

Wayyy.. Your making such a good choice :smile: Only been here a couple of weeks, its the best :P
Reply 9
bekzylou
Wayyy.. Your making such a good choice :smile: Only been here a couple of weeks, its the best :P

Hope so. Lancaster is only one of the few universities i've looked at. I absolutely loved it :biggrin: So you do geography there?
Reply 10
Yea, I love the course so far, the hardest part seems to be the physical side, but still managable. the staff seem really friendly and approachable (not spoken to many yet though) Which geog course you applying for??
Reply 11
I went to an openday there and the staff seemed really friendly. I'm not sure which side of geog i want to, whether phyical or human. My personal statement can be used for either. I keep wavering between the two as i enjoy both. I realy need to make my mind up.
Reply 12
You can do both, i do double part 1, although you can change when you get here! good luck anyway :smile:
Reply 13
I think i might go for BA and if i find i prefer BSc i'll change :smile: Thanks
Name: Andrew
Course: History and Politics
Predicted: AAB (and another A in Useless Studies)

Lancaster sounds like my kind of place, although I'm slightly scared by all the talk of suicide and such.
Reply 15
Grape190190

Lancaster sounds like my kind of place, although I'm slightly scared by all the talk of suicide and such.

Ignore the suicide talk, it is just not true.
All unis have some suicide, and all unis with multi-storey towers have the same stories told about them.
Lancaster is no better or worse than anywhere else. There have been no suicides that I know of in the 2 years I have been here.
Grape190190

Suicide? We're mostly pretty cheery here :biggrin:
Lizj
Ignore the suicide talk, it is just not true.
All unis have some suicide, and all unis with multi-storey towers have the same stories told about them.
Lancaster is no better or worse than anywhere else. There have been no suicides that I know of in the 2 years I have been here

I know that really. But does the myth come from the fact that a lot of people find the environs a little depressing? I've heard it's pretty grey.

Tyrannosaurus Cal
Suicide? We're mostly pretty cheery here :biggrin:

Mostly is > 51%; it's the other 49 that I'm worried about. :p:
It's the north...if you find the north depressing (mispronunciation, pie shops, flat caps, endless wind etc) then you probably shouldn't come here.

But there's enough great people here to make it worth your while. Lancaster is one of the safest university cities in the country, and so far I've only met nice, friendly happy people
Tyrannosaurus Cal
It's the north...if you find the north depressing (mispronunciation, pie shops, flat caps, endless wind etc) then you probably shouldn't come here.

But there's enough great people here to make it worth your while. Lancaster is one of the safest university cities in the country, and so far I've only met nice, friendly happy people

I do like the north a lot: I'm sick of the South East, and I love drizzle and clouds and wind. My concern was more that the people around me would be miserable.

Latest

Trending

Trending