The Student Room Group

Stuck Between Subjects.

Hey there,

I just can't make my choices at all. I'm stuck between English, Media and Film. Firstly, i love English and have done forever, so want to include that in my course. However, the amount of reading material i think may be huge as at A level i have found it hard to get into books sometimes. In Media however, i have loved the film watching part and analysis most of all. So i am stuck, there are so much course variations i don't know whether to apply for just English (and stick it out), English + Film, English + Media etc. There is so much course variation and so much to read through. So i thought perhaps Media would cover the film aspect and more. Then when i look through i can only find 1 or 2 universities at my current grades that do English + Film or English + Media, and the rest are grades such as CCC, which i think/hope i can easily get, whereas English singularly is about my level.

Yeah, so basically i am stuck on what to choose and it's all bogging me down a bit. Any advice at all?

Thankyou! :smile:
Reply 1
in my opinion, if you're going to spend x amount of money on getting a degree, i suggest you do a very well respected subject such as English. considering its you're passion, then that's even better. your career opportunities will be enhanced hugely aswell. if you're still intrigued by media and film, you could always do your own projects, or perhaps there are film unions or such at uni.
I dont think you should listen to people tell you to do this or that because X subject is respected.

Why not look at ucas for English/Film courses So you could Major in English and maybe Minor in media or film or something like that...

Because ultimatly, your paying £20,000 for a degree. Do it in something you want to do it in...

Latest

Trending

Trending