The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hannah_dru
Does anyone know where I can find Martin Luther's "Sendbrief vom Dolmetschen" online? I also need Douglas Robinson's translation of it and possibly another English translation. I've found bits but I'm not sure whether they're either the right thing or the full text. I need it quite urgently today.

Thanks for any help :smile:

Does this link work for you? http://www.bibel-in-gerechter-sprache.de/downloads/sendbrief.pdf
Reply 2
Yes, thank you! :smile: Now I just have to understand it.

We're doing about translation, re-writing and ideologies of the times in which texts were translated.
Reply 3
hannah_dru
Yes, thank you! :smile: Now I just have to understand it.

We're doing about translation, re-writing and ideologies of the times in which texts were translated.

Heh.:biggrin: Well, if something doesn't make sense, just ask.
Reply 4
Looks like your question has been answered, but anyway, maybe of general interest:
The Gutenberg Project has a lot of free books / texts; I'm guessing they have or make available all texts for which copyright has expired. (I don't really know.)
Reply 5
llys
Looks like your question has been answered, but anyway, maybe of general interest:
The Gutenberg Project has a lot of free books / texts; I'm guessing they have or make available all texts for which copyright has expired. (I don't really know.)

I'm pretty sure that's not the case.:wink: It can be quite handy, though.
It's a real shame there's no German equivalent of EEBO (Early English Books Online). EEBO's a phantastic resource, which includes actual images of books as well as transcripts, but unfortunately - as the name implies - it mainly covers English books.
Reply 6
Thank you anyway :smile: I think I got most of the points I needed out of it, but there's some I'm a bit stuck on.

Now I just have to find Robinson's translation of it and possibly another one.

Latest

Trending

Trending