The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Misogynist
“If we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act and we will take them out. We will kill bin Laden; we will crush al-Qaida. That has to be our biggest national security priority,” Obama said.

Would the world allow another Iraq and Afghanistan to happen?

PR is very good for any US President.

if this is true then it has already been done by current president.

have no US troops been in Pakistan?

No difference no BIG deal..if he gets elected different story.

All politicians make promises. you know politicians?
Reply 21
Darkel
The concern is that many civilians will be killed in the process, not to mention the economic and structural damage.

i don't think there will be too much damage, an occupation would be in the mountains - not many people live there. the economy is mainly based in karachi and lahore, in the southern part (and away from the mountains) which would not be occupied.
Clearly campaign rhetoric to conteract the perception that he is unpatriotic
Reply 23
Guy Secretan
Clearly campaign rhetoric to conteract the perception that he is unpatriotic

HAHA, I love that.

"BE A PATRIOT, INVADE A COUNTRY OF BROWN PEOPLE!"
Misogynist
Proof?

Sarcasm.
Darkel
HAHA, I love that.

"BE A PATRIOT, INVADE A COUNTRY OF BROWN PEOPLE!"

Yeah well thats Americans he has to over emphasise how he'll be assertive militarily to counteract he fact that many Americans are ignorant and almost view him as a foreigner.
Reply 26
4G_dollars
Pakistan is no Iraq and definately no Afgahnistan...Pakistan is one of the most powerful (military wise) nations in this world...And it has nuclear weapons...And with increasing warming ties with Russia and already strong relationship with China...the USA has to think twice before entering Pakistan...

its really not my friend.... the people are great and fighters
but its airforce is poor
its nucleurs are under-developed and want aid from U.S.A but U.S.A has only worked with india so far
theres a heavy aid problem which cant needs to be dealt with
funds are low
heavily fluctuating currency

and india did conquer pakistan within 2 weeks and india is close to the U.S.A but not as advanced.

Case closed!
Reply 27
I doubt there's any need to be concerned about any full on conflict in Pakistan... Things are just tense lately due to clashes and political mouth-offs.
Reply 28
Misogynist
“If we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act and we will take them out. We will kill bin Laden; we will crush al-Qaida. That has to be our biggest national security priority,” Obama said.

Would the world allow another Iraq and Afghanistan to happen?

Oh dear.
This is interesting. Will the Pakistani goverment allow the Americans in? Or will they raid the country?
C_B_C
I doubt there's any need to be concerned about any full on conflict in Pakistan... Things are just tense lately due to clashes and political mouth-offs.

A full on conflict would help the economy... :p:
Reply 31
PeeWeeDan
A full on conflict would help the economy... :p:

Lol, let's go for it then :biggrin:
C_B_C
Lol, let's go for it then :biggrin:

I was talking about this to someone a few days ago. We need a massive war to get out of this recession, but all powers which the US couldn't steam roll in 20 minutes during their lunch break are nuclear >_<
so you wouldnt mind if you killed afew thousand more people just so that you can have abit more cash in your pocket i hope ur being sarcastic but pakistan should be dealt with and diplomacy obviously isnt working as they keep making peace deals with the taliban and then the taliban cross borders and kill afghans, and if the us do invade pakistan is not going to fight no way, lets face one us airstrike with a few b2 bombers and f-22 and pakistan is finished and america will achieve another one of its pretty obvious goal which is to remove pakistans nucleur weapons and also go after the bases of the taliban and al qaeda,
Reply 34
USA enter's Pakistan.
And there would be a WW3.
Pakistan are allies with GB, so ties will be broken either way.

So yeahh.
Reply 35
Bin Laden is dead. Benazzir Bhutto said it, countless others have said it, its been slipped numerous times.
Reply 36
Moonwalker2
so you wouldnt mind if you killed afew thousand more people just so that you can have abit more cash in your pocket i hope ur being sarcastic but pakistan should be dealt with and diplomacy obviously isnt working as they keep making peace deals with the taliban and then the taliban cross borders and kill afghans, and if the us do invade pakistan is not going to fight no way, lets face one us airstrike with a few b2 bombers and f-22 and pakistan is finished and america will achieve another one of its pretty obvious goal which is to remove pakistans nucleur weapons and also go after the bases of the taliban and al qaeda,

There are two ways to counter this argument:

Firstly the USA is losing in Iraq and Afghanistan so how can you expect it to take on Pakistan?

Secondly If the US successfully wipes Pakistan off the map, Pakistan certainly can give another "Hiroshima" to this world?
4G_dollars
There are two ways to counter this argument:

Firstly the USA is losing in Iraq and Afghanistan so how can you expect it to take on Pakistan?

Secondly If the US successfully wipes Pakistan off the map, Pakistan certainly can give another "Hiroshima" to this world?

America is not "losing" in Iraq or Afghanistan. They are simply suffering with an insurgency. Occupations are far harder than invasions. Remember the US absolutely destroyed the conventional power of Iraq and Afghanistan in a week.
Reply 38
If McCain/Palin had said that, the rabid left on this forum would be all over it. When it's the messiah though, its all 'taken out of context' and constant excuses. The hypocrisy baffles me...
Irtiza
USA enter's Pakistan.
And there would be a WW3.
Pakistan are allies with GB, so ties will be broken either way.

So yeahh.

LOLLL you seriously think GB will support pakistan, and i doubt there would be ww3 because pakistan has apsolutely no serious threat to america apart from the nukes which btw the US built most of the nuclear weapons sites for the pakistanis so like i said a few airstrikes and and some special forces will secure those areas, secondly if pakistan fires any nukes so will america so i seriously doubt pakistan would even think of doing it, and remember one threat was all it took from america to make pakistan join the 'war on terrorr'

Latest

Trending

Trending