The Student Room Group
Reply 1
20th october is quite soon actually (providing youre not a dentist, medic or oxbridge applicant in which case you would be too late), but its not a first come first served thing. however, unis start giving offers out in october/november so i guess the earlier you apply, the better because nearer january, a lot of offers will be given out already. if youre good enough though, youll get offers anyway, so dont worry about it too much.
Reply 2
Mines done and sent!

only 20 people in our year so far have sent theirs off!
Reply 3
kcfch
20th october is quite soon actually (providing youre not a dentist, medic or oxbridge applicant in which case you would be too late), but its not a first come first served thing. however, unis start giving offers out in october/november so i guess the earlier you apply, the better because nearer january, a lot of offers will be given out already. if youre good enough though, youll get offers anyway, so dont worry about it too much.

How? :s-smilie:

If a Uni has 200 places, and gives out 100 by December, and 150 outstanding applicants come along, surely they can't all get in?
I sent mine off really early. Earlier than any of the people in my class, and it was a positive thing because i got offers in the november - december time. Whereas they didnt get any till a lot later. So i would say the earlier the better.
Reply 5
Also sending it early makes you seem keen to go to uni :smile:
Reply 6
DaveJ
How? :s-smilie:

If a Uni has 200 places, and gives out 100 by December, and 150 outstanding applicants come along, surely they can't all get in?

unis always give out more offers than there are places. so the 150 outstanding applicants will probably all get offers. if theyre outstanding, then some of them will reject the uni for the likes of oxbridge, lse, imperial etc, bringing down the numbers, and then on top of that, there will be people who miss their offers in august. total actually going should be about 200. unis have a rough idea of how many offers to give, given the info theyve collated over the years.
Reply 7
UCAS usually says November is a good time to get the application finished and sorted. But unis will continue making decisions well until the end of March. My mate sent off his app off on 7/1/08 and got 5 conditional offers for Maths. So it doesnt matter that much when you send it just as long as its before that january deadline
Reply 8
We were visited by an organisation namely, study across the pond, and they told us the sooner the better, as it increases teh chance of getting a lower offer.
sending in earlier does help a bit
Reply 10
i sent mine off on the 7th of October. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending