The Student Room Group

Chemical (Nuclear?) Engineering personal statement

Hi all,

I'm applying to five chemical engineering courses (Imperial, Bath, Edinburgh, ????, ????), I'm not sure what the two blanks will be (not Cambridge or Oxford though, that's all I know, some sort of AAB/ABB courses I guess). I'm currently taking maths, physics, chemistry and biology at A2 level, predicted AAAA. I'm hoping to take chemical engineering as a way to enter the nuclear industry, I'd like to work at a nuclear powerplant. If all goes well, I'll get my MEng and then perhaps I'll even go for an MSc in Nuclear Reactor Technology.
I'm now looking at Lancaster's Nuclear Engineering course and it looks very good; however, I've written my personal statement with references to chemical engineering. Will universities mind if I don't actually mention the specific name of the engineering course I'd like to do? (i.e. I mention "engineering" as opposed to "chemical engineering," so I can apply for 4 chemical engineering places and 1 nuclear engineering place). While there's a sentence or two that's a little specific to chemical engineering, I think I could change it to suit engineering in general.
Also, when marking down the 5 choices on UCAS, there's no order of preference right?

Thanks!
-Gabor

Latest

Trending

Trending