The Student Room Group

I didn't get my confirm e-mail from UCAS

I submitted my finished UCAS form through school-version of UCAS...
I paid 17GBP with my credit card, and my tutor has finished filling out
predicted grades and reference.
The UCAS said...

"You will not be able to send your application until you have verified your e-mail address (via the personal details section), or via the link below if you have not completed all sections of your application."

->For this matter, I have had verified my e-mail address via the personal
details section before I finished my form...and consequently there was no
link below this message!

"Your application has been processed by UCAS. You will be sent a welcome letter and will then be able to log in to Track, which allows you to check the progress of your application. You will need your Personal ID number and the username and password you used when making your application."

=>I submitted my UCAS last Friday (10th of October), but I still haven't
received any sort of "welcome letter", and so I can't check the
progress of my application through "Track"

I'm getting pretty nervous for the dreadful possibility that my application haven't finished completely (and thus not meeting Oxford deadline)...

Is my UCAS application finished?
Then why don't they send me a welcome e-mail??
Reply 1
flglxpstbxkdls

"Your application has been processed by UCAS. You will be sent a welcome letter and will then be able to log in to Track, which allows you to check the progress of your application. You will need your Personal ID number and the username and password you used when making your application."
I submitted my UCAS last Friday (10th of October), but I still haven'treceived any sort of "welcome letter",

You're worried because you sent it on Friday and you haven't received a welcome letter yet? It's only Monday morning! How could you have possibly received one by now?
Reply 2
mine says that my application has been "sent for consideration" on the ucas track. i havent received my welcome letter yet!

whats going on? has my application been sent to the unis???
flglxpstbxkdls
The UCAS said...

"You will not be able to send your application until you have verified your e-mail address (via the personal details section), or via the link below if you have not completed all sections of your application."

link below this message!

I'm getting pretty nervous for the dreadful possibility that my application haven't finished completely (and thus not meeting Oxford deadline)...

Is my UCAS application finished? - I should think so if it was allowed to be sent!!
They are not obliged to work on weekends!

Ok so just to clarify -
you paid for your form, you were allowed to submit it and your teacher has sent it off to ucas.
The message you get clearly states that you would not be allowed to do the aforementioned if you have not verified your email. Seeing as you've successfully sent it, and your UCAS page now says "has been processed", then i see no reason for you to worry.

As for the oxbridge deadline, don't worry because UCAS say you should have submitted it to them by the 15th - you've done that too!!! So don't worry about that; so long as you've met their deadline, you should be fine.:yep:
Reply 4
flglxpstbxkdls
The UCAS said...

link below this message!

If it says that your application has been processed then it has gone and your email has been verified - that message just stays there regardless. You will not get a confirmation email from UCAS only the welcome letter which can take a few days (I sent my UCAS last Monday and received it on Friday and you've had a weekend which aren't working days so you will get it sometime this week. However, you CAN log on to track, though it can take a day or so to work. Just go to the log on page and enter your user id (which can be found on the first page when you log on to apply, minus hyphens) and the username and password you used to log on to apply. There is no extra information that you need in the welcome letter.
Unis will have received you application either on Friday or today so you are before the deadline no matter what. Just give them a chance - it's only the 13th - I doubt anything will have happened over the weekend
flglxpstbxkdls

You cant physically submit your application if it isn't finished, so dont worry. Plus Its an actual letter not an email they send you, so its gonna take a while. Just be patient, It'll come eventually xD
Reply 6
If you really want to get on track then all you have to do is do the forgotten password thing, or at least that worked for me and my friends last year. I think they show you your application number so then you'll be able to get on it.

Oh and the welcome letter with the track details comes by post not by e-mail.
Wildstarchild
You cant physically submit your application if it isn't finished, so dont worry. Plus Its an actual letter not an email they send you, so its gonna take a while. Just be patient, It'll come eventually xD

What if the country I'm currently residing in doesn't have a reliable postal system? Although I'm a Korean national, I live in a land-locked African country where postal service is highly unreliable...(which is the reason why I need to spend s*it load of money sending my stuff through DHL and Fedex to UK AND US,) I ticked the box on UCAS stating that I want e-mail correspondence,...I've ordered several books through Amazon.com a year ago, and they're still not in...when I grow up, I would reform Africa's fragile communication system
Reply 8
tbh, the letter is unlikely to tell you anything you don't already know and as I said above it is possible to log on to track without it and all details of offers etc will be visible on track so you shouldn't miss anything important due to not receiving post, unless you are applying somewhere which might let you know of an interview through the post.
Don't worry you can still log into track, just search on the ucas site "track" and then it'll come up with a link and you can log in. My welcome letter took a week, don't worry, the form has been sent to the unis :smile:
coolh5000
tbh, the letter is unlikely to tell you anything you don't already know and as I said above it is possible to log on to track without it and all details of offers etc will be visible on track so you shouldn't miss anything important due to not receiving post, unless you are applying somewhere which might let you know of an interview through the post.

Do you know whether Oxford utilises Post for the purpose of informing their candidates about the interviews?...I applied to Oxford
this is exactly what is happening to me with my account. it will not allow me to complete my application because I haven’t confirmed my email but the confirmation code will not send to my email no matter how many times i try. pls some one help i don’t know what to do.
Original post by aaryafar1
this is exactly what is happening to me with my account. it will not allow me to complete my application because I haven’t confirmed my email but the confirmation code will not send to my email no matter how many times i try. pls some one help i don’t know what to do.

Check your spam folder and add ucas email addresses to your contact list/whitelist on your email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending